Prime Centergy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rat View Post
    The Prime Centergy and Centergy Hybrid are both excellent bows; Prime has made some really good bows in the past but this year's models have really been a big success for them. With good reason, they are not only winning at the professional level but the everyday shooter, like you and me, is also singing their praise.

Their coating process on the riser is second too none and the attention to detail can be seen in every aspect of the bow.

The cam design, while it looks unconventional, is a dual track binary cam system at its heart. The split cam design means less cam lean; and in fact virtually eliminates cam lean altogether. What little torque there is, is easily tuned out using the Flexiss AR cable guard.

The Centergy Hybrid (which is only model to be tested) has almost no riser deflection (torque); which was a first for this test. All other bows had some degree of torque, some quite bad.

The stops on the cams are also customizable to be either limb stops or cable stops, or both. This allows the archer to choose the amount of feel in the back of the wall. This is unique to Prime in hunting bows as far as I know.

Draw cycle and valley are what you would expect from a bow that is 333 IBO; Prime has chosen to go for accuracy over pure speed in this respect. They are also very efficient. Going down in draw length doesn't loose speed as fast as other cam systems.

The 82X Alloy is is nice, but not the end all (except for the exceptional stiffness). Most shooters observe a different tone when being shot, not louder, just different; it is the 82X ping. It is relatively easy to dampen the unusual noise with aftermarket accessories.

The factory string is 452X which is an excellent string material and is what most major string manufacturers use in their strings; including aftermarket string makers. Prime has a lifetime string replacement benefit that means you can get a new string every two years from Prime for the life of the bow.

The new grip location is what all the fuss is about. Prime isn't the first to use a centered grip in their design, but by all accounts they are the first to get it right. By putting the grip in the center they have created a bow that is exceptional in shooting stability.

In addition to all that, the Prime accessories are second to none. The Sherpa mounting system for the quiver and camera mount are solid and integral, easily adjusted with no slop or buzz.

I have shot both and the Centergy Hybrid will be my next bow.

For a similar bow that is gaining rave reviews I would suggest you also look at the new PSE Evolve cam system; very similar in operation to the Prime cam system.

It is their flagship bow so expect to pay close to, or just above, $1,000 for the bare bow.
    Thanks!!

Comment

Just got mine in this week and man what a bow, was faster than I anticipated and still dead in the hand. After the first shot I looked the bow over because the shot felt so weird. Buttery smooth with no load on the cam and a solid wall

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
        Just got mine in this week and man what a bow, was faster than I anticipated and still dead in the hand. After the first shot I looked the bow over because the shot felt so weird. Buttery smooth with no load on the cam and a solid wall

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          She's a beauty! Love the color!

Comment

i've got one in the mail. pretty excited.

Comment

You guys keep up the reports and thoughts on it please. I am really considering one but the closest dealer is 250 miles from me. Gonna have to plan a weekend trip out of the deal just to shoot one.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                You guys keep up the reports and thoughts on it please. I am really considering one but the closest dealer is 250 miles from me. Gonna have to plan a weekend trip out of the deal just to shoot one.
                Make the drive, I don't think you will regret it. Take money...

Comment

Also if your a 31" draw it has to be the hybrid with 7" brace height not the regular hybrid

Comment

Prime Centergy

I have had a Prime Centergy since June and I really like it. I like it so much that I stopped shooting my Elite bows, (even though when I got it I had just placed 2nd in the Paris ASA shoot in the senior known division). I still like my elites but I like the centergy even better. For starters it is a very well balanced bow and holds well on target. Cam lean is pretty much eliminated and like with most other bows you can vary the let off. Another option you have is the draw stop, The bow can be set up so that you can change to either limb stops or cable stops, its up to you. The bow is not lightning fast but it does have good speed (it is faster than my elite 35 by about 5-7 fps). I liked my Centergy so much that as soon as I can sell my elites I will buy another Centergy. Don't know what else to tell you that RAT didn't already covered.

Go to youtube and checkout archer1941. He does some bow torque tests on different bows and when he does them on the Prime Centergy.... it will catch your attention.

Comment

I was shooting a Hoyt nitrum 34 and the speed on the two bows at same poundage is exactly the same. 308 at 70# 31" draw and a relatively heavy arrow(don't remember exact weight) and 286ish at 63# which is what I normally shoot. Not a true speed bow but plenty fast.

Comment

Nice guys!!

Comment

What about the accuracy of the Centergy and how easy is it to get and hold on target?

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                            What about the accuracy of the Centergy and how easy is it to get and hold on target?
                            Almost universally the first thing people say about the Centergy is how well it holds on target and how stabile it is. Prime has really figured out the grip location; something others have tried but not really been successful with.

Not only is it accurate but it is also very forgiving.

Comment

Can't say it much better. Very stable, normally I am a very shaky shooter meaning i have a hard time keeping on small target areas.

Comment

Got the new cyntergy hybrid, It held rock steady!

Comment

Working...
                                X