No announcement yet.

Life/carrer after L.E.O.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could always become a inner city big brother an give back to the community.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
      What are you retiree's doing since? working? school? traveling? at 29 years and quite possibly gonna be forced to retire due to a motorcycle crash I kinda wanted to see what other brothers have done?
      Do you have a background in anything other than law enforcement? Maybe a bachelors degree in business, education, etc? Do you want to continue working or are you able to completely retire?

Comment

I Thot about teaching motorcycle riding the way we ride I really don't wanna put on another uniform I love to ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In January I start my 34th year. I probably have about a year and a half to go. I cannot even imagine life after.

I guess that I had better start thinking about it. I suspect that I will be fishing more often, maybe getting him a little more golf that I have time for now, and then doing a bunch of nothing.

Who knows? If Hillary is the next president I will probably be stuck working another five years just to cover my insurance until I get to Medicare.

Comment

Father in law opened an rv rental business, sold that and now teaches motorcycle new rider courses for Harley.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lmao Chew

Skinny

Comment

I'm fortunate that my military retirement check and health care allows me to do as little as I want--and all I want to do is hunt pigs, deer, and fish occasionally. I do have a small lawn service--6 jobs--that allows me to continue to put money into an IRA. IRA isn't for me, but for wifey, as if I go first and take my military retirement check with me, she'll need "taking care of".

Mowing is all done on one day per week, or two if I've been out late the night before pursuing pigs.

Comment

Retired July 1, 2015 with 28 years in. I planned on some part time PI work, and hoped to bill around 4-500 hours for the first year. Right now I'm at 1500 billed hours for the past eleven months. I could probably work 50+ hours weekly, but I'm trying to maintain a balance between growing my business and enjoying life.

It's been great not having to deal with the daily bureaucratic BS and incompetence and actually get compensated for your expertise and ability to produce results.

The biggest challenge I see for some LEO's in retirement is that they allowed the badge to dictate who they were. Once the job is done, they have a hard time figuring what to do with themselves.

The biggest positive for me was volunteering to help kids learn to read at a inner city school. One of the law firms I work for requires their staff to do pro bono work. I got "volunteered" to help out out this school one day and afterwards went back weekly. It's been an incredible experience. I was sad to see to school end this year. Cant wait to do it again next year.

I miss the crew I worked with, but haven't missed the job at all since I left.

Comment

Lone star lawmen llc riots quelled, riots started, arse whoopin issued, governments overthrown, elections won, or any other type of organized chaos work done, kinda signup like in blazing saddles.

Comment

ive only got 7 years on, but when I retire, I plan on being a professional bass fisherman

Comment

It all depends on your personality! I know, strange comment....

I did not retire as an LEO, changed careers several times, but I easily get burned out and bored. I did slightly less than 15 years and when I walked away I was done.

I would say think about what you always WANTED to do if not an LEO? It took me many years to figure it out but I'm very happy with my career now even if I'm an old fart. I enjoy "always" being in the country, so land sales has been a blast for me. I don't sell residential, just land and it's been MOST of the time a blast. I get to see "critters" most every day, my 4x4 is my work vehicle and it sure as hell beats an office and suits!

Whatever you decide to do, thanks for your service...it's time to sit back and REALLY have some fun, God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                          ive only got 7 years on, but when I retire, I plan on being a professional bass fisherman
                          By the time you retire there won't be anymore fish left. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by slickfish View Post
                            By the time you retire there won't be anymore fish left. :-)
                            Sure feels like it...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the thing with me is I love the streets I did 18 years on the west side of SA by choice I only left for traffics cause I wanted to ride motors, never took or signed up for any promotion tests in 29 years I will miss it

Comment

I've got about 9 more years. I plan to hunt, and drink bourbon.

Comment

Working...
                                X