No announcement yet.

deer rifle rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom remington 700 in 22-6mm with a leupold vx 3 4.5-14x50mm.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
      Remington 700 Stainless .300 Win Mag. 180 grain Corelokt. For big stuff.
      Thompson/Center Custom .25-06. 100 grain Corelokt. For smaller stuff.
      Thompson/Center Custom .223 55 grain V-Max. For does and varmints.
      All topped with Nikon 4.5x14 Buckmaster Scopes.
      How do you like the Nikon scope? I heard that they are top notch and thinking of getting one.

Comment

7mm-08 browning gold medallion w/ a zeiss 4.5X14X50. Tore my shoulder pitching in college and this gun has knockdown power and very mild recoile

Comment

I bow hunt only now, but have a .280 from Remington's Custom shop that was my go to rifle. The wife and oldest son share a Ruger Mark II UL in 7mm-08. If I were to gun hunt again, I'd probably use their gun.

Leupold scopes on all our rifles.

Comment

I too have a bar sarfari classic in 300 wsm. A Knight KP1 .243 and a ruger no 1 K1-B 30-06!

Comment

Remington 788 in 22-250 with 3.5X10 Leupold

Comment

For long range. Remington made Springfield Mauser 03-A3 .270 cal with Douglas supreme barrel tapered to a heavy sporter. Dayton-Tracer speed lock kit. Bishop black walnut stock custom fitted to me. Redfield Golden Five Star 3x9 scope (back when they were real Redfields). Modified Cutts comp. Action, epoxy steel bedded. Barrel floated. Harris bipod. All metal parkerized. All wood satin finish. Five shot 1 MOA at 200 yrds.

For short range. Ruger Super Redhawk .454.
                Last edited by Geezy Rider; 02-20-2010, 11:47 AM.

Comment

T/C Encore with MGM 6.5-284 barrel, EABCO laminated thumbhole stock and forend set, and Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 scope.

Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in 260 Remington w/Simmons Aetec Master Series 4.5-14 x 44 scope

AR15 6.5 Grendel with Simmons Aetec Mater Series 4.5-14 x 44 scope.

Yeah, I kinda like the 6.5mm guns.
                  Last edited by Mike D; 02-20-2010, 11:37 AM.

Comment

well i play around hunting with several rifle but i have a remington 700 bdl 30.06 i have taken years to get everything down on it i shoot a 168 vld on top of 50 grains of varget and and it does 3/4 groups at 200. I have taken things out to 500 with it. I am also likeing my 700 sps tac 308. both rifle have nikons on them
                    Matt

Comment

T/C Encore Pro Hunter in 25-06 topped with a Nikon 5-20x44 Monarch.
                      Currently shooting Hornady 117gr through it, but may try the 100gr Corelok's.

Comment

Re: deer rifle rigs

Ruger Hawkeye In .270 Leupold vxl glass 4.5-14x50 bc reticle. Dad always said to spend more on the glass than the gun if you can.

Comment

Winchester Model 70 Classic Featherweight in 7x57 with Leupold 2.5-10x40 VX3. That is my baby would not trade it for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Boarwhisperer View Post
                            Got that also. Age and arc flash have taken a toll on my eyes. Put a Leverevolution 30.30 scope on my 94 and switched to the Leverevolution ammo.....AWESOME, you should consider it
                            I have an old bushnell I've been thinking about putting on it. I also have some see-thru rings that I might use. Hmm..Maybe I'll do that this weekend. And then maybe see if I can find some hogs to test it on.

Comment

i have a few hunting rifles

one of my favorites is a custom Stolle Kodiak (Right bolt / Left port) single shot chambered in 25 BR

i have a few Cooper rifles that also get the job done

Comment

Originally posted by coolhand View Post
                                1903A4 Springfield Sniper with Leupold 4 x 12 scope. It's 30-06 shooting 165 Nosler ballistic tips for hunting and 168 matchkings for long range stuff. Just like the one in my avatar.
                                Coolhand is your's a WW ll original? I've got a 03A3 in my military arms collection and and A4 is on the must get list one day.
                                Last edited by Humper; 02-20-2010, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X