Drop away or whisker biscuit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
    I would imagine a whole bow would have to freeze up for a WB to freeze up. I could be wrong.
    Would be an interesting research project.

Comment

+1 Drop away

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Drop Away

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
          No it don't slow your arrow down, the nock on the arrow has more force to overcome than any WB. Drop aways, to many moving parts, a balancing act to keep your arrow on it. I don't know how many times on hunting shows I have heard, clang..."my arrow fell off the rest!"
          I don't know about the slowing the arrow down part as I've never tested it myself. But, I've heard you loose about 1-2 fps. So, even if it's true, it's negligible.

I will have to disagree with you on the arrow falling off the rest part, at least on the QAD HDX rest that I use. The rest has a bridge across the top and locks into the closed or "up" position when the rest is rotated up manually with the thumb. Once the arrow is knocked and the rest is put into the "up" position, the arrow cannot fall of the rest until either the arrow is released and sent down range or the rest is manually let down. It really is a fantastic design. Mine have proven to be quite reliable too.
          Last edited by Pullersboy; 01-01-2018, 09:59 PM. Reason: Typo correction.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
            This is not true. I have "let down" my bow many times and re-drawn without ever messing with my drop away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
            I didn't know this.

Comment

I've had DA tests fail me on hunts. When I'm 5+ miles in on a wilderness hunt, that's a huge no-go. WB all day long here.

Comment

And you cant "let down" and re-draw with out "recocking a drop away
                Yes, you can. QAD HDX can.

Comment

I went to a drop away from a whisper biscuit love it. But to be honest I had no good reason to go away from the WB. Shot good and held my arrow in place while stalking hogs. Simple simple simple.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Stay pure my friend. Drop.

When have you ever seen tournament shooters using anything whisker?

Comment

I like the WB when I'm hunting East Texas in a climbing stand. I'd rather have a drop away when hunting from a ground blind.

Comment

And you cant "let down" and re-draw with out "recocking a drop away
                        Horsepucky ! My drop away doesn't "cock" until I draw, lets down if I let down. And mine is a full capture, no falling off the rest. Your preference is yours, but let's stick to the facts. There's more than one kind of drop away rest.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                          I would imagine a whole bow would have to freeze up for a WB to freeze up. I could be wrong.
                          I did a little research several years back...not lab research but field research. I was reading about a comparison between this very subject. A woman went to the far North and took a Polar bear in minus whatever it was, it looked cold, with a Whisker Biscuit. It dispelled a lot of misconceptions about WBs.

I will stick to my WB, don't want a rest that uses strings or springs.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

we talkin' bout hunting not competition shooting

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post

What does tournament shooters have to do with it? We talking about bow hunting. I wouldn't use a 30" stabilizer on my bow, but tournament shooters do

Edit: JustinJ typed faster

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                Horsepucky ! My drop away doesn't "cock" until I draw, lets down if I let down. And mine is a full capture, no falling off the rest. Your preference is yours, but let's stick to the facts. There's more than one kind of drop away rest.
                                So I have been told...several times

Comment

Working...
                                X