No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to but there's not a good tree at my small spot. The wind I usually in my favor on the ground plus I got my ozonic 300 to help with what might be lingering around. Today the wind was blowing my scent to my right a bit where the deer circled down and came within 13 yards of me with not really knowing what's up. I'm pretty confident they didn't smell me but did know something was up, plus the wind had them on edge as well. I rearranged ground blind a tad to make an easier shot window. I'll get her. Just got to be right. 13 yards is the distance from feeder to blind which I got to be super quiet...Love close quarter set ups.. close and personal...Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
      Well I knew I should have slept in from the strong front blowing in but gave it a shot anyway. Was nice and cool, and had my regular herd come in but they couldn't relax. Wind was howling they were hungry and almost got to feeder but they knew something was up. They just walked away at about 7:30 and I took off just as wind was laying down at 9:45. Gotta go get some stuff done and giving it a try again. 57 now and beautiful. Anyone else Brave the winds? Lol
      I didn't chance it but will be there in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
        "Hunting in progress when sign Warning. Enter this area at own risk. Hantavirus present"

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
        Change your sign.

Comment

Better yet. "Caution, flying arrows"

Letting my spot rest for the evening, going to set up a day tomorrow.

Comment

CAUTION:

Heavy Bee/Wasp/Hornet area beyond trail

UnderGround Nests

Comment

Better yet. "Caution, flying arrows"

Letting my spot rest for the evening, going to set up a day tomorrow.
              Bad idea. May get that spot marked for the race next year.

Comment

I like the suggestions, but am trying to strike a balance between curiosity and vandalism.

What I want to say, like when a dove hunter wanders in looking for dove under my feeder, is something entirely different..... but I understand the issues with public land hunting.

Comment

I walk in this morning and see a campfire going 50 or so yards off the trail. Had tp have been 1/4mi from closest primitive camping site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Out now.
                    Attached Files

Comment

good luck this morning!!

Comment

Double post
                        Last edited by topduarte; 10-11-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Done for morning. Saw 2 does in distance.

Also met Maui diver as I was leaving. Good to meet you.

Comment

At least I arrowed you top!! Ha

Comment

Hey guys, for the life of me I can't find the check in schedule Brad sent us. Can you post a snap shot of it for me. Thanks

Comment

Hey guys, for the life of me I can't find the check in schedule Brad sent us. Can you post a snap shot of it for me. Thanks
                                Here it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X