Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
    Quick update. I have seen 1 cow and 4 bulls. Had 1 run right by me at 70 yards but no shot. Had 2 bulls talking but couldn't get them to commit.

Keep at it. This is a great thread!

Comment

Well boys my season for archery elk is done. Couldn't seal the deal but I still have a cow tag in November so hoping to tag out then. Leaving Wednesday for the hunt of a lifetime with a young boy who will be elk hunting. I'll post some pics of how he does. If you haven't you need to check out my wife's hunting page as there has been some bruisers killed in the last couple days.

Comment

^^^ that cow elk will taste goooood!

Comment

my really good friend killed this one Saturday with his muzzleloader.

Comment

this bull was taken about 20 minutes from my house yesterday with a muzzleloader. I put my hands on this beast. Rough guess on score is around 370-380.

Comment

Well boys my season for archery elk is done. Couldn't seal the deal but I still have a cow tag in November so hoping to tag out then. Leaving Wednesday for the hunt of a lifetime with a young boy who will be elk hunting. I'll post some pics of how he does. If you haven't you need to check out my wife's hunting page as there has been some bruisers killed in the last couple days.
              That was an outstanding thread man. I am still interested in coming up next season. Or up and over that is I'll shoot you a PM in a bit.

Comment

Hey WW,
                I have hunted unit 22 for the past 4 years for cow elk but sadly I came up short handed this past year. After reviewing over the IDFG harvest statistics it appears unit 49 may not be a bad place to hunt cows. I am looking just to fill my freezer. I was wondering if you would still recommend hunting in that unit. I read your wonderful success story and I am already looking forward to hunting next year.

Comment

Planning on going for Bear and Wolf in June. Meeting up with a cousin from Boise. Can't wait!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Griff536, The elk numbers took a huge hit this past winter and I have seen low numbers across the board. 49 is a good area but it also is a draw unit for elk. I would recommend looking at some of the OTC hunts as well where you can hunt later for cows with either muzzle loader or spikes with a rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Griff536, The elk numbers took a huge hit this past winter and I have seen low numbers across the board. 49 is a good area but it also is a draw unit for elk. I would recommend looking at some of the OTC hunts as well where you can hunt later for cows with either muzzle loader or spikes with a rifle.

Thanks WW! I hunted unit 22 last year but it was pretty desolate and put on a lot of miles... Saw 2 bull elk but no cows.

Comment

Sawtooth tag may be worth it. They sell out fast. I would apply and if you don’t draw do a OTC hunt.

Comment

Sawtooth tag may be worth it. They sell out fast. I would apply and if you don’t draw do a OTC hunt.

Looking for a place to hunt cows! Just want meat in the freezer

Comment

Working...
                            X