No announcement yet.

The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just walked to marker on the bridge that indicates Mexico and picked them off there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
      That’s the first I’ve heard about that happening! Very lucky

Yeah. They normally say you can never try and cross the same cape again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jbguide View Post
        They let me walk back to the Mexico side and clean the few i missed off. I came back and they check again and I was good to go.

Lol dang

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
          Yeah. They normally say you can never try and cross the same cape again

They definitely have some dumb rules. To me as long as it’s free of ticks it shouldn’t matter how many times you try to cross it.

Comment

They definitely have some dumb rules. To me as long as it’s free of ticks it shouldn’t matter how many times you try to cross it.

Agreed bud. They turned one of ours around for a scab that blew away while I was arguing with the inspector.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
              Agreed bud. They turned one of ours around for a scab that blew away while I was arguing with the inspector.

One time they didn’t want to let me cross, because they said I had to much blood in the ice chest! I told the guy you do realize that there is a quartered up deer in there. I ended up talking to his boss and they let me cross.

Comment

One time they didn’t want to let me cross, because they said I had to much blood in the ice chest! I told the guy you do realize that there is a quartered up deer in there. I ended up talking to his boss and they let me cross.

Yes sir. Sometimes you have to remind them you are a American

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                  If you get turned around with capes or mud on truck, do you have to red light/green light again, then have to sit back through the 1hr line coming back to US?

I always wondered how they handle the guns if you just checked guns out of MX, and then have to turn around and go back to MX to throw a cape in the trash.
                  What do you do with the guns at that point? Seems like that would be a logistical mess.

There is a turn around spot on the bridge with a huge trash can in del rio. I wanted to just chunk it there and turn around but my buddy said we better just cross. It took us a good 30 min to explain to them why we where coming into Mexico with a cape. The agent let us keep the horns on a table and another buddy sat there until we got back. Really a pain. They didn’t check our truck but could have if they wanted to in Mexico. Once they figured out why we were crossing they just let us go and told us to dump it in the nearest gas station trash can.

Comment

On the last cape I crossed it was almost like the guy was disappointed he didn’t find a tick. He said I guess I’m good with it.

Comment

We tried crossing 6 capes last Friday at Eagle Pass. 5 of them failed. The border patrol agent literally used a microscope to determine one spec was a tick. He took glee in finding anything. Made us take capes back to Mexico where fortunately I have friend in Piedras.

Our options now:
                      1) Mount deer in Mexico then cross. I understand that may work . Still investigating.
                      2) Use an outfitter who makes an appointment with wildlife and fisheries and cross the remaining 20 capes we have all at once. Risk still is some rejection.
                      3) Try again and hope you get a reasonable agent that appreciates
                      WE HAVE TANNED, DIPPED AND FROZEN OUR CAPES!!! The ticks are dead!

Lastly we may just ditch the idea of bringing capes from Mexico and buy South Tx. capes...an idea I hate but may be necessary.

Comment

I stopped long time ago Rusty!!

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                          We tried crossing 6 capes last Friday at Eagle Pass. 5 of them failed. The border patrol agent literally used a microscope to determine one spec was a tick. He took glee in finding anything. Made us take capes back to Mexico where fortunately I have friend in Piedras.

Our options now:
                          1) Mount deer in Mexico then cross. I understand that may work . Still investigating.
                          2) Use an outfitter who makes an appointment with wildlife and fisheries and cross the remaining 20 capes we have all at once. Risk still is some rejection.
                          3) Try again and hope you get a reasonable agent that appreciates
                          WE HAVE TANNED, DIPPED AND FROZEN OUR CAPES!!! The ticks are dead!

Lastly we may just ditch the idea of bringing capes from Mexico and buy South Tx. capes...an idea I hate but may be necessary.
                          Dang, sorry to hear that.
                          Friend of mine was crossing one at Colombia and first words out of the "female" agents mouth was "oh, I will find one".
                          Not cool!!!

Comment

I just walked to marker on the bridge that indicates Mexico and picked them off there.

Which bridge did this happen on?

Comment

Eagle Pass

Comment

Wow. Crazy stories on the capes!
                                I can’t believe they don’t just let you throw the rejected capes right in the trash. I’m 2 for 2 on getting ours across but the last time they spent 15 minutes looking at it. Even carried it over into the sun to get better light.

They should just burn them with all the other junk they take up on any given day, instead of sending hunters back to Mexico to have to explain the situation to the MX customs agents.

Comment

Working...
                                X