Accident on 72 and 97 in Fowlerton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accident on 72 and 97 in Fowlerton

Anybody else see this accident last Friday afternoon? One oilfield truck rear ended another. Judging from the engine being pushed all the way into the cab on one truck, and the bed being pushed to the back window on the other, he must have been flying low.... If this wasn't a fatality accident, there were some very fortunate folks involved. This intersection is getting worse and worse with the awful road conditions. You'd think with all the money these oil companies are knocking down out there, they'd push for something to be done by TDOT. Especially considering the fatality accident just a few months back, and the volume of oilfield traffic in the area. Just my 2 cents!

Hwy 97 was bad before the oil boom. I've had several big trucks run the stop sign at that intersection. Been run off the road a couple of times as well. It is the most dangerous highway I've ever driven on. Reminds me of driving in Mexico. The bigger truck has the right of way.

Comment

I didn't see that one, but I did see a bad one a few months ago while sitting in the parking lot at Rubys at the intersection of 469 and 97.

I was pulled over right on the edge of the parking lot trying to catch a quick nap. I just happened to open my eyes and saw a power line snap, then a big tire roll right in front of my truck. I then saw the 18 wheeler tanker truck plow threw the brush a good 100 yards. It hit a decent size mesquite tree and flipped. The truck caught on fire as soon as it flipped over. I thought it was about to blow up so I backed up real quick. I think it took everybody standing there a few minutes to realize what they just saw and that there was somebody in that truck.

There where a couple of guys walking around the truck looking for the driver and I started to go over there, when I saw a guy walking out of the brush holding his arm. It was the driver to that 18 wheeler and he seemed physically ok. I guess he got thrown from the window and was able to walk away from the crash!!

The other driver was in a pickup and pulled out infront of the 18 wheeler at the stop sign. The big truck ran right over his hood before it flipped. That driver never got out of the pickup but was alive and seemed ok as well. He was so scared I guess that he physically couldn't move

Comment

There was another one in June or July where a tanker blew threw that stop sign, hitting another truck and bursting into flames. Driver of the tanker was killed. If I'm not mistaken, there were no blinking lights at that intersection up to then...

Comment

I saw a guy walking out of the brush holding his arm
          At first I was like holy cow! He lost his arm went and picked it up, and then continued to walk away. But the I figured out what you said. That's pretty amazing that he survived.

Comment

Working...
          X