Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Texas Jamms were epic
    1987 Texxas Jam was epic. Tesla, Whitesnake, Aerosmith, and Boston.

Comment

Jerry Jeff rusty weir Jimmy buffet 1976 tccc

Comment

Mine would have to be Ray Wylie Hubbard at Main Street here in Tomball. One of the best guitar players I've ever seen and one heck of a story teller.

Comment

I was a KISS freak since '77, and also a huge fan of RUSH. I've been fortunate to see so many great concerts in my almost 60 years of life, but if I'm going to single out one show, it would have to be the Eagles at Rice Stadium, July 2, 1994.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlueEyes View Post
            I bet that show in Tyler was very memorable!
            It was and we were all taking bets if George would show up, at the time he had been known to get too drunk to perform but he was sober that night.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
              I was a KISS freak since '77, and also a huge fan of RUSH. I've been fortunate to see so many great concerts in my almost 60 years of life, but if I'm going to single out one show, it would have to be the Eagles at Rice Stadium, July 2, 1994.
              I seen Kiss twice in Shreveport, once with makeup and once without makeup, good shows both times.

Comment

I saw Elvis at the Rodeo when I was young, but I remember it very clearly. I also remember seeing a clean cut Willie Nelson when I was a kid.

I did get to see David Gilmour on his solo tour in the 80's. I regret never getting to see Led Zeppilin & Prince

Comment

The best performance was easily Earth, Wind and Fire in 1979. Me and a buddy took off from school in Waco and went to Dallas where they were playing at SMU's basketball gym. Through all the dancing and enormous band, etc. - they sounded exactly as they did on their records.
                  Favorite 'concert' was just a couple of years ago. A friend of my brother has a long history with Michael Martin Murphy and he arranged a small get together in his backyard with about 40 folks sitting around for Michael (and his son) to play for a couple of hours. We got to spend some time talking with MMM beforehand. My brother and I have always enjoyed his music which made it very special. (This was a day after MMM played his annual Christmas concert at Bass Hall and he was still in town.)

Comment

My favorite had to be Loretta Lynn at Billy Bobs 1n 2003ish, David Allen Coe was a fun one also. A private concert with restless Heart was pretty good, all of the Rocker B Ranch festivals were good especially since we were a sponsor and got to run around anywhere we wanted.

Comment

SRV all 3x
                      Willie Nelson at Aquafest ‘79 or ‘80
                      Ray Price and Don Williams both at The Paramount Theatre
                      Tom Petty
                      Pink Floyd
                      Edwin McCain 7x. Kid puts on a good show

Worst concert - George Jones

Wish I could have seen Vern Gosdin aka The Voice

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                        Most memorable ones are the multi-day events like chilifest in snook tx etc. Sleeping in tents, waking up in other people's tents, making lots of friends and byob. That used to be a yearly tradition in college.

Besides that I like the other all day events like ozzfest, Metallica was a great show. Garth Brooks was really good and I don't even care for him but a great concert.
                        Still is. Haven't been in two years but loved chilifest when I was a student there. Some of the best memories of my unsuccessful college career. Most memorable/favorite concert was seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd play chilifest in 2017.

Outside of that, Chris Stapleton at the rodeo in 2017 was amazing but I repress all memories involving my ex.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                          The Eagles played a four hour show at a private party I went to. Guy hosting the party said he paid them $1 million to play. It was awesome. Frankie Valli played before the Eagles started.
                          Yeah, I think you win.

Comment

Talking Heads at Auditorium Shores in Austin (early 80’s)

Rolling Stones in Cotton Bowl.

Nirvana at the State Fair Music Hall with Breeders opening.

Stevie Ray on the sand at South Padre.

Pearl Jam at SMU with Butthole Surfers.

Pink Floyd two nights in a row at Erwin Center.

I used to work concert security in college so I saw most all the big touring acts of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Saw George Jones and Conway Twitty together at the Rodeo.

When Motley Crue performed Girls, Girls, Girls "their stage help" was eye opening
                              ...you mean "The Nasty Habits"?

I've seen the Crue 7 times...they never disappointed.
                              Got to meet them in '87 at a charity softball game in Pasadena that 101 put on...

Comment

I wouldn't think people would list Texas music artists as best of all time. I've seen all those dudes 30 times each. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X