How big can wild hogs get??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Nice Randy!.. first one looks to have domestic features though...
    Exactly.. your not going to get them that big without some domestic characteristics...

Weve killed a bunch in the 300lbs range and only had one break 4 that was truely wild.

Comment

I like to think of it like this. Ok, so Skinny(Shane) weighs around 300-320 lbs. and is 6'5" tall. Well, we all know how big his center mass including his over sized melon is, right?? Well, think of what his arms and legs must weigh??? Now, think about a hog's anatomy. Do you see much weight in their spindly little short legs??? It's gonna be one massive hog to weigh 300 lbs.
      Last edited by Fishndude; 02-21-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Pig

Pig
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
          I like to think of it like this. Ok, so Skinny(Shane) weighs around 300-320 lbs. and is 6'5" tall. Well, we all know how big his center mass including his over sized melon is, right?? Well, now think of what his arms and legs must weigh??? Now, think about a hog's anatomy. Do you see much weight in their spindly little short legs??? It's gonna be one massive hog to weigh 300 lbs.
          Eh um!!!!!! I'm down to 287 thank you very much!!!!!

Your point is valid though, dood!!!!!

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by pickles View Post
            What did you think he weighed?
            Every bit of 400 lbs... took 3 of us to position him for that picture... I am in pretty good shape, along with the other two guys... I had an ear my buddy had another ear and my brother had his snout... took all we had to pick him up high enough to kick his front legs out for the pic. (shot with a .243 in the back of the head )

After the pic we tried to drag him on the sand... didnt budge.

Just my guess though... he was the biggest I have ever shot, 2nd biggest I have ever seen... passed on a shot once because for a second I thought it was a cow!
            Last edited by Coach W; 02-21-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Texas is home to an estimated 2 million feral hogs, about 50 percent of all the feral hogs in the U.S. From the panhandle to the Gulf coast, from the arid southwest to the eastern pineywoods, feral hogs may be found in nearly every Texas county.The population and range of feral hogs have expanded dramatically because they are extremely adaptable animals with a high reproductive rate. Relocation by hunters, disease control in domestic animals, the management of rangelands, and habitat improvements made for livestock and wildlife also have helped feral hogs. Hogs are prized by hunters but despised by landowners who suffer from their damage.

LET US STOP THE SUFFERING!!!

Comment

My son shot 1 this year that bottomed out a 300# scale. It was 70 inches from snout to base of tail. Tail was at least 6+ more inches. Have 5 confirmed witnesses. We have plenty over 225lbs.

Comment

Posts like this make me regret not having enough time to fool with my website.

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                  Well I have been in the wild hog hunting business for almost ten years now.. Weve killed thousands of hogs and the biggest truly wild hog Ive ever had dealings with weighed 425lbs.

Now on the other hand weve had several that had alot of domestic characteristics that have weighed 5-800.

Most folks that kill these monster hogs that weigh enormous amounts do not have a set of scales.
                  This sums it up.

Comment

I have hunted & trapped feral hogs for over 35 years. From Cross Plains to Palacios to Groesbeck. Seen lots over 300 pounds but only a few over 400 and they were all boars. Randy, I don't want the job of skinning those monsters of yours!!! GOOD JOB putting that man on a huge hog!

Comment

Originally posted by West Texican View Post
                      Field biologists tell me that when he sees or hears of a "wild" hog weighing more than 200-220 pounds, he immediately suspects the animal recently escaped from a nearby farm. I have hunted them for years, from the Rolling Plains to the Rio Grande, and I have never seen one that weighed more than 210 pounds. That hog, BTW, was said to weigh 300# -- until we actually weighed it.
                      He needs to come to Van Zany count , lots of these wild pigs will go over 400 #s easy.

Comment

At least this big
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1329859774166.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	24053087
                        Last edited by BigThicketBoy; 02-21-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                          I have hunted & trapped feral hogs for over 35 years. From Cross Plains to Palacios to Groesbeck. Seen lots over 300 pounds but only a few over 400 and they were all boars. Randy, I don't want the job of skinning those monsters of yours!!! GOOD JOB putting that man on a huge hog!
                          Groesbeck Goats!!!!

Comment

The biggest we killed was 6' even and we guessed him at around 350-400. We had to drag him onto the 4wheeler because there was no lifting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                              Randy, I don't want the job of skinning those monsters of yours!!! GOOD JOB putting that man on a huge hog!
                              Do as many as I do you learn to get really good at it.. Got a heck of a skinning rack though that makes it really easy.

Comment

Ok, that does it!! I'm going hunting to Randy's!!!

On edit...That's WHEN I can pull my bow back!!

Comment

Working...
                                X