Wild Game-How often do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Game-How often do you eat?

As I was enjoying dinner last night, I wondered how often the G.S. folks eat protein packed wild game?

I had Whitetail deer hamburger last night!

Monday we had pork loin from a junction area pig and frog legs from a neighborhood pond. Tuesday axis burgers. This weekend, conroe catfish saturday, monday I'll smoke a backstrap.

We grind two deer a year to burger so venison is on the plate at least once a week

Comment

We have wildgame on average at least 5 nights a week. Then I have leftovers for,lunch the next day.

Comment

almost daily. It is the only red meat we have in the freezer. I have tons of ground burger so whatever my wife makes she does it with wild game meat. Hamburgers, spaghetti, tacos, chili, stew, you name it.

Comment

I eat wild meat four days a week, plant based and fish the rest.

Comment

I'd say about 5 days a week, we rarely buy beef, only nice steaks on occasion. We catch our own fish unless have the urge for smoked salmon. Only meat we buy regularly is chicken and do that about 2-3 times a week but have left over stuff we processed for lunch from the night before

We had whitetail roast last night

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
              almost daily. It is the only red meat we have in the freezer. I have tons of ground burger so whatever my wife makes she does it with wild game meat. Hamburgers, spaghetti, tacos, chili, stew, you name it.
              ^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                Same here! Even homemade pizza!

Comment

If you count fish I've caught, 5 days a week or more.

Comment

Elk 3 times a week right now, I would like to get it ate up before July. Deer and Dove is all gone, I have some pheasant left. We will eat a beef steak now and then.

Comment

2-3 times a week axis, whitetail, and hog.

Comment

Unless we eat some yard bird or fast food, its venison pretty much all other nights. Just as the above stated, its the only red meat in our freezer. When i was growing up, we ate so much venison, I didnt even like the taste of beef. At one point, I thought my brother and I were growing antlers. haha

Comment

In My house, we eat game meat almost daily as well. I usually get 2-3 deer a year, a pig or two and I fish. We never buy red meat at the grocery store, only chicken. If I could learn to hunt ducks an turkey, could cut down on the chicken. I don't think its cheaper than a store, just my hobby.passion that serves dual purpose. Also, good to know less hormones/additives in the meat, at least the deer/hog anyways. I see those little warnings about eating fish from different lakes sometimes, kind of makes me wonder. I haven't grown any extra appendages yet, and nothings falling off, lol.

Of note, There is a member here, whos wife has an awesome website for wild meat, " My Wild Kitchen". I have gotten many recipes from there, great place. I think screen name might be "Coach"? Yall guys should check it out!

Comment

2-3 days a week.

Comment

Every day. Between axis, whitetail, and wild pork. My freezer has no room for anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X