sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
    I know that the use of hunter is encouraged and recomended, even for hikers. However, it isn't required when your scouting/hiking.
    I dont know about the rest of SNF but in the Moore it says you have to wear orange anytime that firearm hunting is permitted and that would be all year long as you can hunt hogs all year in the Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
      I dont know about the rest of SNF but in the Moore it says you have to wear orange anytime that firearm hunting is permitted and that would be all year long as you can hunt hogs all year in the Moore.
      Yes, if your hunting.
      All other recreational users are only encouraged to wear it.

This is straight from the book:
      Attached Files

Comment

So what is the purpose if everyone does not have to wear it? To be able to spot hunters not safety!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by buckmastertexas View Post
          Well, it was a pretty good size block of woods to wonder around in trying to find someone, to check their orange and license. I never seen game wardens do this. But apparently the forest rangers go by a different code of ethics, none..... no I take that back, since he didn't give a ticket......
          Not sure why this seems to bother you so much but it's nice to see them doing their jobs. The Sabine is largely lacking enforcement. I'd applaud his efforts rather than slander him. Hopefully he will be removing one of MANY permanent stands found over the past couple of weeks here shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by trash2 View Post
            Not sure why this seems to bother you so much but it's nice to see them doing their jobs. The Sabine is largely lacking enforcement. I'd applaud his efforts rather than slander him. Hopefully he will be removing one of MANY permanent stands found over the past couple of weeks here shortly.
            Yep, I love those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by trash2 View Post

So hunter spends a ton of money into a local economy, on gas, food, camps, ect, spends a ton of time learning the public land, finding spots to hunt, ect...

And you think it's quite okay for the forest ranger to barge into the middle of the woods to see who's in the woods and what they are doing?

This is the most ignorant thing I have heard on the green screen in some time.

Comment

Glad you know what's important. If you spend enough time out there, you'd appreciate their efforts that place is crawling with local problems. Goodluck and we can agree to disagree but I am glad they're making their presence known. I drive 4hrs most weekends and don't need to be told what it costs in time/$. I imaging you would be very surprised at how many illegal bucks, does and corn piles he finds doing this. Case and point I found 12" 6pt shot this past weekend (cleaned in the wods) and was in your lease.
                Last edited by trash2; 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I totally disagree with your statements, since I have been hunting the public lands for 25 years and deal with the games wardens all the time. Of course this is a forest ranger, so they appear to operate differently. I have spent literally thousands of hours on the SNF,25 years of hunting and scouting, and never had the rangers do this.

Most, if not all things found , are from hunters like you and me, reporting it to the authorities. Once they have that information, they do a good job taking from there.

As far as them finding all this stuff themselves, doesn't happen. They don't have the manpower for that. SNF is 160,000 acres.

Comment

Hey guy's and girl's. Im Kenny Victoriano. I live in lumberton tx. Work offshore out of Sabine pass. I moved her from a little town south of new Orleans. Anyways i don't know any body in this area to team up with. I only bowhunt and public only. Im looking for someone to hunt with especially when going in deep it's not safe by yourself. Im not looking for anyone's spots or places. Im 30.and ive been hunting public land since i was old enough to go on my own. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by buckmastertexas View Post
                      Of course this is a forest ranger, so they appear to operate differentl
                      Just so that I'm understanding completely here. This was a Forest Service employee that wrote you the warning and not a Federal Game Warden?

I'm wondering how does a Forest Service employee have the authority to write tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                        Just so that I'm understanding completely here. This was a Forest Service employee that wrote you the warning and not a Federal Game Warden?

I'm wondering how does a Forest Service employee have the authority to write tickets?
                        He had a gun on his hip, so I think he does! Yeah, his vehicle had "law enforcement" on the side of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bayou boy View Post
                          Hey guy's and girl's. Im Kenny Victoriano. I live in lumberton tx. Work offshore out of Sabine pass. I moved her from a little town south of new Orleans. Anyways i don't know any body in this area to team up with. I only bowhunt and public only. Im looking for someone to hunt with especially when going in deep it's not safe by yourself. Im not looking for anyone's spots or places. Im 30.and ive been hunting public land since i was old enough to go on my own. Thanks.
                          Bayou boy text me 4 0 9 673 888three

Comment

Hey how yall guys doing. Im Kenny Victoriano i live in lumberton tx now. I. Moved here from new Orleans i work offshore out of Sabine pass. Im 30 years old and only hunt public land. I don't know many people in this area and looking for someone to team up with safety wise. Here's my number if anyone interested. 5042341802

Comment

Getting close. Saturday and Sunday are supposed to have highs in the 60's. Should be a good weekend!!

Comment

I can smell the camp fire from Austin!!!! I am giddy and can't wait to be 25' up in my Summit climbing stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X