No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in South East Duval in Rios area. This is my 5th year and love it. I'm getting a cabin built by Jtempleton's high school kids this year and will finish out the inside myself. I will be learning as I go and any help is welcome!

Comment

I have two travel trailers to sell if anyone is interested. They are at my property.

Comment

3 more inches at our place Friday night in northern Webb county. Can't even get to my feed pens.

Comment

I work for a place down in south karnes, north live oak counties. Rain has blessed us so far. Coming off stellar quail and dove seasons, and a good deer season. Nice and green, protein consumption is still low. finding a few sheds and snakes. good luck to everybody this year.

bottom is 5.5 and top is one side of the one axis on property. Axis is 13 plus years old.

good rattle bug

Comment

Took me 12 hrs to get to the ranch this weekend[emoji22]. Was stuck in Houston for over 3 hrs. Went and filled feeders did some trimming and set up on new feeder and camera. Didn't really have time to look for sheds.

Comment

Looking good so far in Hobson.

Comment

Made a speed trip yesterday to fill feeders. Ranch looks good. Must have had some high winds recently as there are a lot of twisted up mesquite limbs on the ground. Did not really look for sheds but definitely didn't find any in the feed pens.

Comment

Originally posted by STXHO View Post
                  I let several deer walk last year. Most were better than this one but for some reason I am the most excited about this big 8. He's been on the protein feeder every day so hopefully he will explode over the summer.

That 8pt is a mutha F'r good luck on him man!

Comment

I will be heading down the week of May 16th to do more work before it gets hot. Well hotter than it is already lol.

We are fixing to pay a carpenter to expand our camp by 300 to 400 sq foot and hopefully he will be done by then. We are expanding the bedroom making it another 8 foot longer so it will be a 17x14 living room and adding a bedroom that will be around 14x17 or 14x20. Currently we have a 9x14 room with 2 bunk beds, a small single bed with a dresser and the 42" tv is on top of it. It will be nice to have the 9x14 bumped out 8 foot for the living room and mount the TV on the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Black Ice; 04-08-2016, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Beautiful weekend down here an hour south of San Antonio. There is stuff moving all over the place with this cooler weather.

Comment

Nice pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good guys!

Comment

Looks like more rain down south!

Comment

Bingo!

Comment

Any Mcmullen County guys down that way right now? Any idea how much rain the area got? Supposed to be headed down to get some work done tomorrow. Don't want to waste a trip if it's a mud fest! Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X