Got Me A New Toy Today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a big reverse flow pit that I built years ago, but as stated....it's big and burns through the wood. Wanted something smaller....looked around for a while and bought the Pecos from Academy....reviews were 50/50......I took the charcoal plate out of the firebox and used it as a tuner plate set about 2 1/2 inches from the fire box.....been holding great even temp for about 2 hours now!! Not too bad for a cheap 400 dollar smoker!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice.

Comment

I've got one. Cooked a few briskets and ribs on it. Pretty dang good

Comment

I have the same one been using it for about 5 years. It works well.

Comment

I've got one. Works well and for the price plenty thick.

Comment

Good to hear that you all like them....I'll try it out with some brisket in a week or two

Comment

I have the same one and have cooked plenty of briskets and ribs on it, love it.

Comment

Good deal! I have a big reverse flow as well...it's a wood eating son of a gun. Pretty ridiculous actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  Good deal! I have a big reverse flow as well...it's a wood eating son of a gun. Pretty ridiculous actually.

Amen....I'll burn through a ton of wood on a brisket smoke with my reverse flow

Comment

Go ahead and put some white grease or some other lubricant in the shaft for the wheels now. After a couple of rains they will be rusted and won't turn and you will have to beat the rust loose. I speak from experience on this because I didn't have a very good place to store mine when I first got it.

Comment

Very nice Angie! Man, when I saw the title to this thread, I thought you got rid of Torry!

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                        Very nice Angie! Man, when I saw the title to this thread, I thought you got rid of Torry!

Uuummmm!?!?!? Okay

Comment

Decided today to try it out....just doing a pork butt until I figure out the pit....so far so good....holding temp!! Plates are working PERFECTLY!!! Been holding an even temp going on 2 hours now!

Comment

[QUOTE=czechaholic;12162615]Uuummmm!?!?!? Okay

Sorry, that was for Czechgrubworm. I'm old and losing my mind. Nice Smoker BTW.

Comment

Working...
                            X