• Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some arrows coming with her

Comment

Good write up Brent. Best of luck Phillip

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        Just got Sacagawea in the mail. She is gorgeous. Its getting dark here so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to shoot her. I'm heading to JCO Outfitters for a pig/javvie hunt Feb 17-21. If I can get some arrows worked up for her I will try to get a javvie with her. I don't have anything that light so I'm not sure I have any arrows that will work.

This is the first time I've handled one of Bob's bows.

Congrats Phillip looking forward to some LDP's

Comment

I've got some Grizzystik Sitkas, that weigh 500 grains with a 78 gr insert and a 125 gr point. They are spined for 40-55# bows. I also have some 35-55# spined Arrow Dynamics Hammerhead Lites that weigh 610 gr with a 100 gr brass insert and 125 gr point. Hopefully one of them will shoot out of Sacagawea.

Comment

I received Sacagawea yesterday afternoon. This morning I took her out to try her out. On my first shot the bottom limb exploded. It split at the tip. I don't know what happened. There was a loud crack and the arrow flew maybe 20 feet. I was using a 500 grain arrow.

In all my years shooting trad bows, this is the first time this has happened to me. I've seen it happen to other guys. Hope it doesn't make me gun shy. I think I'm going to let my nerves settle down before I shoot my bow.

I will return the bow to Bob and pay for a new set of Limbs. My deepest apologies to those that are patiently awaiting there turn with Sacagawea and hopefully Bob can quickly get her back in circulation.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow sorry to hear that was looking forward to seeing ldp's and reading some awesome hunting stories about you and sac

Comment

I'm wondering if the extreme changes of weather, very low humidity and 60° to extreme cold could have something to do with it. I have a custom bowie knife with an axis antler handle that cracked when I brought it to el paso. The maker was embarrassed when I told him about it($1400 knife) and said it had only happened 2 other times in 20yrs and both were in extreme low humidity areas.

Comment

Wow. Sorry to here that. Glad it didn't come apart an clock you on the head. I'm sure bob can fix it.

Comment

Well Bummer! In the spirit of this bow and TBH, I'll pitch in and help with the cost of shipping and repairs.

Comment

Phillip, you or Bob PM me and keep me informed let me know what it takes.

Comment

CHUNKY!!! Phillips not playing fair! A little bird told me he was going to try and shoulder the responsibility for repairs by himself. He's not sharing! I think in the spirit of Saca, and imo TBH, us guys on the second list should have the chance to help out here.

Comment

Well, that sucks rotten eggs!

Here is my 2 cents worth.

The way this bow was born was for twenty of us to pitch in a few $$$ to get it paid for, and then the bow was shipped to each person.

Now there is a second list. Maybe everyone on the new list could pitch in a few $$$ (I bet this could easily be done for less than $20/ person) to have a new set of limbs built and the bow can keep on travelling!

Bisch

Comment

I'm up for helping.

Comment

Count me in as well!

Comment

Saca.. is on her way back to Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X