"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schultz1503 View Post
    Keep me posted on what you get I’ll be out there tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday checking on my Hog baits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will do

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to taste a rabbit this year i don’t care from where, but I’m a rookie, anyone have a good link or two on some do’s and donts for rabbit hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
        I want to taste a rabbit this year i don’t care from where, but I’m a rookie, anyone have a good link or two on some do’s and donts for rabbit hunting?

Lots of walking. That's what i do. I don't hv rabbit dogs. Also kick all brush piles and sticker bushes

Comment

I can honestly say I’ve gotten most my rabbits within 3-4 feet from me and they stay frozen still because they think you can’t see them is just having a good eye in my opinion because they could be standing right next to you and you never know it lol

Comment

Small game broadheads?

Comment

Small game broadheads?

I either use 20 gauge shotgun or these when I’m using my crossbow

Comment

I use my 12ga. Nevet hunted small game with my bow

Comment

I have been getting a lot of rabbit right now is the time mating season is upon us so they’re out there lol
                  I went out to gate 8 (Pecan Grove) on Friday (it was fairly foggy) and walked around for a couple hours, couldn't find any rabbits (saw a lot of hogs at one point though). How can you tell when to slow down and try to actually find rabbits? Also have you noticed if they are near the water/creeks or more dry land? Out in the open or under trees? Since I am using a bow it's a lot easier shot if they aren't running first.

I also saw a ton of spent shells as I walked so I might not have gotten far enough back, maybe just a mile from the parking spot.

Thanks for any suggestions.
                  Last edited by jbord39; 02-25-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbord39 View Post
                    I went out to gate 8 (Pecan Grove) on Friday (it was fairly foggy) and walked around for a couple hours, couldn't find any rabbits (saw a lot of hogs at one point though). How can you tell when to slow down and try to actually find rabbits? Also have you noticed if they are near the water/creeks or more dry land? Out in the open or under trees? Since I am using a bow it's a lot easier shot if they aren't running first.

I also saw a ton of spent shells as I walked so I might not have gotten far enough back, maybe just a mile from the parking spot.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I’ve had the most luck bbetween gates six and seven in the Briarpatch is in those areas there’s Briarpatch is everywhere kind of with the reddish leaves and with rabbits I tend to find a more on dryland then near the creeks and as well when I see rabbits they run but I don’t move I freeze they’ll quickly stop thinking it’s still safe when I’ll take a shot right through the bushes and get them

Comment

I’ve had the most luck bbetween gates six and seven in the Briarpatch is in those areas there’s Briarpatch is everywhere kind of with the reddish leaves and with rabbits I tend to find a more on dryland then near the creeks and as well when I see rabbits they run but I don’t move I freeze they’ll quickly stop thinking it’s still safe when I’ll take a shot right through the bushes and get them
                      Nice, thanks for the info.

Comment

Hogs

New to hunting granger and looking for any good spots. I have hunted 6-7 and pecan grove

Comment

Originally posted by HunterT View Post
                          New to hunting granger and looking for any good spots. I have hunted 6-7 and pecan grove
                          Sorefinger

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Best advice given to me and got my first Hog good luck ur gonna have to put in those miles lol

Comment

Iv seen a lot of hogs so far but never can get a still shot within 60 yards and every other hog is running away full speed , thank you I’m gona there this weekend

Comment

Iv seen a lot of hogs so far but never can get a still shot within 60 yards and every other hog is running away full speed , thank you I’m gona there this weekend

It’s all about stealth got to catch them when they’re laying down I’ve always taking shots at them while they’re sleeping sometimes I’ve been fooled they do look like a log from a distance but sometimes you’ll keep on walking and you’ll pass them. average distance sometimes 15-20 yard shot or less.

Comment

Working...
                                X