White Bass!!! Its getting time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Bass!!! Its getting time!!!

Went out for the first time a few days ago and caught a few males. It won't be long and the females will be joining them! Fun! Fun!! Fun!!!
    Attached Files

GPS coordinates pleezzzzzzzz

Comment

Next time tie a speck rig on !

Comment

That brings back memories wadeing spring Creek. No waders like the sissies use now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s 22 degrees this morning here, have another month until they start hitting the creeks hard around here.

Comment

They have been stacked up deep at Lake Ivie.

Comment

Its on in more than one creek...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m ready to hit Reimers on the Pedernales! I’m sure some males have already moved up the river. I’ve caught them from late January all the way through early April at Reimers. My pops always said the peak of the run was around his Birthday on the 21st of March.
                Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 02-08-2019, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Do y’all eat those , I tried them once, kinda muddy, fishy tasting

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
                    I’m ready to hit Reimers on the Pedernales! I’m sure some males have already moved up the river. I’ve caught them from late January all the way through early April at Reimers. My pops always said the peak of the run was around his Birthday on the 21st of March.
                    Was up there last weekend in my boat. Water is deep and clear. Caught one in a feeder creek to the Pedernales. Should be getting about time.

Comment

I used to fish the spawn run in the Sabine every year. I was always catching by Valentines day and usually had my fill of it by the time trees were blooming. I was ready for something else by the time the crowds showed up. Now that I'm in central Texas it seems the run may be a little later or maybe the lakes here don't have as strong a run as Toledo Bend did.

I'm still trying to find my way around central Texas area though. I have a kayak here and keep a bayboat down in Port O'Connor. I would be interesting in splitting trips, tagging along or reciprocating with trips down to the coast if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizen View Post
                        I used to fish the spawn run in the Sabine every year. I was always catching by Valentines day and usually had my fill of it by the time trees were blooming. I was ready for something else by the time the crowds showed up. Now that I'm in central Texas it seems the run may be a little later or maybe the lakes here don't have as strong a run as Toledo Bend did.

I'm still trying to find my way around central Texas area though. I have a kayak here and keep a bayboat down in Port O'Connor. I would be interesting in splitting trips, tagging along or reciprocating with trips down to the coast if anyone is interested.
                        Where at in Centex? I am in Waco, but from SWLA. I'm a coach so off summersand always trying to go to the coast.

I also fish lake waco 3-5 times a week.

Been hearing a few reports males are in the rivers around austin, but this cold snap should shut them off a week or so though. No reports off waco yet, water is really cold, muddy, and high from all the rain this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                          Must have done something wrong. Very good eating!

Comment

Im DFW area and have been religiously checking some known spots... They are NOT doing it yet here, those guys must be significantly further south.

I actually checked Tuesday, some gizzards were around and some black bass, I caught two, but whites werent there yet.

I'm beting this cold pushes up back a bit... 2 weeks out minimum unless we get that 80 and sunny weather for like a week.

3rd week of Feb will be a start... I'll report if I find any sooner

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post

eat them fresh, don't freeze them.

Comment

Working...
                              X