LRGV NWR-Teniente

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Arrow View Post
    Saw 4 does.1 good buck. 1 not so good buck. Still looking for a shot at Nylghai. 1 day left
    sounds like you have been seeing alot of animals, hope you can get one down tomorrow

Comment

Was the good buck just out of range?

Man it sounds awesome there..

Comment

Sounds great.

Comment

OK, yesterday saw 2 does in the morning, and a doe and fawn in the afternoon. Great hunt would do it again. Driving back today. Lots of fog. Saw the state game warden 3 times and the Federal game warden once.
          Bring either camouflage burlap or ghost blind, I brought a tripod and sat it 4 hunts. Even the pigs looked up at me. 4 Nylghai were killed that I know of all from the ground. A good archery chair is a must. Do bring your Thermocel !. Hunt fresh piles of dung for Nylghai. They are antelope and have great eye site. Please check Internet for shot placement they are thick skin like boar hogs, and their vitals are different. Try to hunt where the dung is fresh and other animals trails are close, so you have many choices. Good luck. And I hope this helps all.

Comment

On the road headed south!

Comment

We got here around 3 and did some scouting. Found 3 areas to sit in the morning. We will do some more scouting after the morning sit and get a new game plan. I'll try to keep yall updated on what we are seeing. Wish us luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                We got here around 3 and did some scouting. Found 3 areas to sit in the morning. We will do some more scouting after the morning sit and get a new game plan. I'll try to keep yall updated on what we are seeing. Wish us luck!
                Getcha one or two,

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

This morning only one Nilgai cow was seen. It got within 35 yards but stayed in the brush not giving us a shot. We pushed a small area midday but only saw a small whitetail spike. We are back out and setup again. I moved spots, I found a large pile of poo that had been pooed over many times. I'm gunna see what happens here.

Comment

I'm gunna try a little rattling

Comment

Had a good sit tonight. I saw several whitetail and 2 nilgai cows. A doe and the nilgai cows came out about 100 yards from where I was sitting so I had no shot opportunity. 20 min later I had a good 10 point and a spike chasing a doe right towards me. The doe and spike blew through but I was able to stop the buck in a small window for a shot. It was last light and what I thought was 40 yards ended up being 30. He jumped the string and I shot right over his back. Found my arrow clean like it fell out of my quiver. I'll be back to this area in the morning! The other 2 in my group also saw a nice whitetail buck a spike, a giant nilgai bull and 3 nilgai cows! None presented shot opportunities unfortunately. It was a great evening hunt. To top it off I just saw that I have an email saying we were drawn for the rifle hunt in Feb! Heck yes! Every animal we saw today could have been taken with a rifle!

Comment

Thanks for the report and good luck!

Comment

Had a nice 8 walk up behind me this morning. He spooked when I tried to turn and draw. We grabbed some food and headed back out. I left one in our group back at the original spot where we first saw nilgai. Myself and the other are over in the area where I was lastnight. We are setup about 300 yards apart over looking 2 heavily used trails. Both trails have several piles of nilgai scat on them. I'll let yall know what happens!

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Well we struck out on this hunt. Saw alot of animals, just couldn't seal the deal. Had a blast! We will be back Feb for the Exotic rifle hunt! Hoping to serve up some cold redemption. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                                Well we struck out on this hunt. Saw alot of animals, just couldn't seal the deal. Had a blast! We will be back Feb for the Exotic rifle hunt! Hoping to serve up some cold redemption. Thanks
                                Sounds like yall were in the right place...we are headed down next Tuesday to take some revenge on a couple that gave us the slip last year. Did yall notice any rutting activity at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X