Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

illegal buck at hagerman

does anyone know what happend to the guy that shot the 11 3/4 in buck

Really? I didn't hear about it..wonder what they did to him!?

Comment

Why would you shoot a small buck at the "H"?

Comment

to say you shot a buck at Hagerman!! Why would any one do it any other place? Wonder how this is gonna play out.

Comment

A hefty fine i'm thinkin he shall recieve!

Comment

And I bet he is never allowed to hunt there again.

Comment

i think he got to finish the hunt i was just wondering if he got fined and how much

Comment

I asked kevin out there yesterday and he told me the fine is from $25 to $250 i think but they let him keep the deer and i think it was just a small fine by the way they talked.

Comment

Are we talking 4pt yearling or something more mature and substantial with heavy bases?

Comment

I don't see why it should be any different than shooting an illegal buck anywhere else, just the normal fine

Comment

Hagerman is not a trophy hunt. At least as far as the USF&W is concerned...
                      But laws are laws and if some hunter shot an illegal deer then h/she should face the consequences. At least he/she had the balls to admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                        Hagerman is not a trophy hunt. At least as far as the USF&W is concerned...
                        But laws are laws and if some hunter shot an illegal deer then h/she should face the consequences. At least he/she had the balls to admit it.
                        Good way of putting it.

Comment

he was a nice guy i talked to him for awhile and i could understand why he did it the deer was pretty heavy horned just not wide enough on his left side he was outside the ear but on the right he was just inside.

Comment

Can be very hard to tell sometimes.......sounds like the H handled the situation properly........

Comment

My uncle shot a 12" 10 point this weekend. We wanted to be honest so we called our local game warden and reported it. She told him that as long as the horns were outside the ears ( which they were even with the edge of the ear) not to worry that they were not measuring them. this is in liberty county.

Comment

Working...
                              X