Vertigo the Spin Demon who has had it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
    It hit my buddy hard a few months ago, we stayed out all night fishing and I called him that next day he was in the hospital. He ended up staying in there a week until they diagnosed him with MS he’s had it pretty rough since.
    That sucks. Sorry for your buddy.

Comment

I have re-occurring vertigo and it sucks every time. For me it only usually lasts 5-10 minutes and I’m fine but it still sucks. Have had it about 7 years now. Usually occurs when I’m driving long distances.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        I have re-occurring vertigo and it sucks every time. For me it only usually lasts 5-10 minutes and I’m fine but it still sucks. Have had it about 7 years now. Usually occurs when I’m driving long distances.
        My wife is afraid to let me drive now. I told her I’d just pull over if it happens. What do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
          My wife is afraid to let me drive now. I told her I’d just pull over if it happens. What do you do?
          Nothing really. I drive a LOT (95000 miles this calendar year) and I usually just keep on rolling. I’ve had to pull off several times but I’m so used to this crap that I just keep on driving. It’s not as bad in the truck compared to when I’m at home. Usually hits my much worse there. My episodes are not as bad as yours by any means but I do get dizzy, blurred vision, nauseated, and head aches.

Comment

My wife deals with it. She does some exercises with her head that help the crystal from rolling round

Comment

Vertigo

I think the procedure Boss Buck is referring to is the canalith repositioning procedure performed in office by an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. It repositions the tiny crystals to an area where they don’t cause dizziness. Found this online yesterday when my daughter woke up with vertigo after going to urgent care and doing some research on it. We are going to try to see an ENT Tues-if she has it done I will post up the results.

Comment

Several years ago I had a brutal episode of vertigo while sitting at my desk. I had no idea what it was. If I did anything other than lay on the floor on my back and was perfectly still things went crazy and I threw up. My business partner rolled me out of the building in an office chair and my wife drove me to the hospital. They ran all the tests and determined it was just vertigo. I still have a slight case of what they call “positional vertigo”. If I tilt my head back and look straight up or get in a position where my head is below my feet I get dizzy and even nauseous.

Comment

Yep, ramping up on some meds.

I have stop and drop to a knee before I fell.

Comment

Have you had a respiratory virus in the past few weeks? It's one way to catch viral labyrinthitis. Google it. I got hit with it about 8 years ago and still get false motion from it. I soffered for weeks of doc visits before I went to an ENT doctor and got treatment right away. Faster you get on this the better as the nerves in the inner ear are being attacked and takes long time to re-adjust. Pm me for more info if you want.

Comment

I have had it.
                      Woke up one morning and fell as soon as I got out of bed. I was extremely dizzy and nauseous. This lasted most of the morning but subsided some after lunch. I was then able to function normally except when I looked up. Then the dizziness would come back. This went on for a couple weeks till my wife made me go to the doctor.
                      I went to the doctor after work. She twisted and turned my head in various positions stopping only because I told her “I am about to puke”. Then she used the stethoscope and looked concerned. She said “we need to do an ekg on you”.
                      After that was over she told me I needed to to go to the emergency room and have an emergency mri. So she called my wife to come pick me up. She didn’t think I should drive.
                      The hospital does another ekg and the mri. They didn’t find anything and thought I just had vertigo.
                      A couple weeks later the dizziness stopped and the hospital bill came in. It was a little over $14,000.00!.
                      It seems my insurance doesn’t cover an “emergency mri”.
                      I ended up settling with them for around $5,000.00.

That was about 8 years ago and I haven’t had any problems since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Benelliguy View Post
                        I think the procedure Boss Buck is referring to is the canalith repositioning procedure performed in office by an Ear Nose and Throat doctor. It repositions the tiny crystals to an area where they don’t cause dizziness. Found this online yesterday when my daughter woke up with vertigo after going to urgent care and doing some research on it. We are going to try to see an ENT Tues-if she has it done I will post up the results.
                        This worked for me, had a bad case in iraq in a deployment

Comment

I used to get it often but since I started using the Neti pot I don't get vertigo anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Benelliguy View Post
                            The exercise is called Epley maneuver. It works on some people only if the vertigo is caused by the crystal displacement. I have been dealing with vertigo for about 15 years. I woke up out of bed and ran into the wall because of my balance. I had constant vomiting where Valium and pherergan did not help. Since I have had intermittent episodes but the nausea has decreased significantly. After some testing, they diagnosed it as Meneires disease which is basically an unknown cause for the vertigo. One thing that did help with the Vertigo was restricting salt intake.
                            Hope you feel better and you get some answers. Keep us posted!

Comment

I have it if I lay on my back or look up and attempt to focus on anything. Like working under a car. Tried to change a starter on my wife's car, threw up 3 times to get it out. Called a buddy to help get it back in. Had head ct's as part of cancer follow up , didn't find anything. Seems like it got worse when I started cholesterol meds. Don't take them anymore, but vertigo still there. Mom had it sometimes also.

Comment

I have a history with it, family member also has been diagnosed with meniere's disease which has very similar symptoms.
                                Haven't had a severe bout with it in awhile thankfully but can be so bad that vomitting can accompany the other symptoms.

Comment

Working...
                                X