No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. I will be filling my form this week.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
      Here is a bobcat that I got on the game cam close to Tejas this year. I have seen others posted in the past.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
      Appreciate the response but this track was at least twice the size of a bobcat track. Big track with no claws showing on well over 50 good tracks. Who knows. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Serbin View Post
        Appreciate the response but this track was at least twice the size of a bobcat track. Big track with no claws showing on well over 50 good tracks. Who knows. Thanks.
        Anything is possible....... but I'll remain a skeptic, for now at least.

Just counting the Corps land, you have 1200 acres of land with approximately 100 game cameras running ~6m of the year over baited sites (which draw a lot of food sources in the form of squirrel, skunk, raccoon, mice, fawns, etc), and not a single recorded image of a mountain lion reported (to the best of my knowledge). Since we cannot hunt them even if we see them, there would be no motivation to keep the photos secret.

Do you have photos of the tracks?

Comment

I use to hunt at Tejas and I found a track like that. I talked to a man that walks out there and he saw a mountain lion at the corner of the big field.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
            I use to hunt at Tejas and I found a track like that. I talked to a man that walks out there and he saw a mountain lion at the corner of the big field.
            I don't know that area very well really. But I found this track probably a few hundred yards from the parking area down on that main trail right on the San Gabriel going towards the lake. I followed it through a creek and then it went to the right to the east up into those hills. There is a field I guess you could call it to the right before the creek.

Comment

* * * * URGENT * * * *

For all people hunting Lake Georgetown this coming season. Applications are out and you can apply. What I am about to state I only found out after I had submitted a "group" application, then recanted it.

There is a new application rule this year!

If a group application is submitted the group is given only 1 number, each person on the application doesn't get a number. Meaning 3 people have 1 chance of getting drawn!

If you submitted a group application you have a 33% chance of getting drawn out of your application and that doesn't take into count the other 150+ applications that most likely will be submitted.

Wanted everyone to know your odds are better if you submit individually!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingnewbie View Post
                * * * * URGENT * * * *

For all people hunting Lake Georgetown this coming season. Applications are out and you can apply. What I am about to state I only found out after I had submitted a "group" application, then recanted it.

There is a new application rule this year!

If a group application is submitted the group is given only 1 number, each person on the application doesn't get a number. Meaning 3 people have 1 chance of getting drawn!

If you submitted a group application you have a 33% chance of getting drawn out of your application and that doesn't take into count the other 150+ applications that most likely will be submitted.

Wanted everyone to know your odds are better if you submit individually!
                Nothing new they did the same two years ago then went back. Brad said it was to be more fair so they can get new hunters vs same guy every year.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                  Nothing new they did the same two years ago then went back. Brad said it was to be more fair so they can get new hunters vs same guy every year.
                  I agree, just wanted to pass along the change in a person ability on getting drawn this year if they apply as a group. Your chances are not good in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingnewbie View Post
                    I agree, just wanted to pass along the change in a person ability on getting drawn this year if they apply as a group. Your chances are not good in fact.
                    Your chances are the same as you applying solo 1 number is 1 number the only choice is do you want to hunt with your buddies or not.

When the team of 4 with 4 number yes your odds were better. Thats why they changed it again to be more fair to the single hunters. They should stop the groups all together and do single app only IMO.

Comment

It sucks that your group doesn't get the same number of entries as they would get as individuals. Not sure that I understand the logic behind that and why they changed it. They want more individual hunters? Seems stupid to me.
                      Common sense would be, during the draw, if they hit a certain number of drawn groups, then they stop drawing groups. In order words, have a bucket of entries that are "group entries" and a bucket of entries for individuals. example: 80 hunters total, 40 of those hunters should be in groups (10 groups of 4 for example) and the other 40 should be individual. Wh7y is that so hard to think of and execute? Seems a lot more fair than what they are doing now. Oh well, it's a federal regulated group, what do we expect the government to do? They never do anything that makes sense.
                      I disagree, they should never get rid of groups. Father Son hunts would never get to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bosshawg401 View Post
                        It sucks that your group doesn't get the same number of entries as they would get as individuals. Not sure that I understand the logic behind that and why they changed it. They want more individual hunters? Seems stupid to me.
                        Common sense would be, during the draw, if they hit a certain number of drawn groups, then they stop drawing groups. In order words, have a bucket of entries that are "group entries" and a bucket of entries for individuals. example: 80 hunters total, 40 of those hunters should be in groups (10 groups of 4 for example) and the other 40 should be individual. Wh7y is that so hard to think of and execute? Seems a lot more fair than what they are doing now. Oh well, it's a federal regulated group, what do we expect the government to do? They never do anything that makes sense.
                        I disagree, they should never get rid of groups. Father Son hunts would never get to happen.
                        Sure they would just have to get lucky and both get drawn.

I think they are just wanting to bust up some of the groups that get to hunt every year to give new people a chance to hunt the park. Some guys have been hunting the park over tens years and counting.

Maybe they need to do away with the exemption for shooting a doe and make everyone do the draw every year. They can still require shooting a doe b4 buck to get the numbers they want. Like Granger Lake

Comment

Anyone know the app count so far this year?

Comment

When is deadline?

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                              When is deadline?
                              Applications will be accepted until July 3, 2017 at 3:00 PM or post marked by July 3, 2017. After July 3, 2017, the Lake Georgetown Project office will not accept any more applications for the 2017-2018 season.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X