No announcement yet.

What broadheads would you shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ace standards or zwickeys would be where I started. Both have been working for a long time and are reasonably priced.

Comment

Zwickey Deltas are my go to head, I like the Eskimos also.

Comment

It really all depends on how much money you are willing to part with.

Zwickey, Grizzley, Zephyr, Ace, and several I know of that aren't coming to mind right now are all very good less expensive broadheads.

Not because I desire to spend more money, but because I seldom lose a broadhead, but have destroyed many of the less expensive ones, I chose to go with the heads that have better structural integrity like the VPA, Bishop Archery, Woodsman Elites, German Kinetics, etc, etc.

I want a broadhead built like a tank, but it has to perform as well, so I spend a little more money on them. Reluctantly, but I spend it anyway, and it has actually wound up saving me money in the long run.

Two Blade/ Three Blade? - Pick your preference, because there's lots of good ones of each, that do just as good of a job as the other.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          I think you stumbled into the wrong forum... it's not like that over here that often.... unless you suggest he glue those plastic broadheads on
          Wait... isn't there like a Rage Hypo mechanical glue on one?

Kidding, just kidding. As Rick says above this post it comes down to what you want to spend. TBH if it's a head that you can get killing sharp and are happy with it then shoot it. I don't have woodies yet but picked up all my Bear Razorheads as glue on's and inserted adapters. If/when I ever go woodies I'm pulling the adapters out and using them.

Comment

I have no experience with woods ... yet.

But when I do I will have the screw on adapter tips installed.

Comment

ive got a bunch of old 2 blade magnus heads that i use on wood and screw in adapters. like the sharks, zwickies and woodsmans as well. but got a bunch these magnus!!

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post

https://www.3riversarchery.com/wood-...-adapters.html
                That seems like cheating.... I like it!!

Comment

I eventually trended to that as well, but I made my own adapters out of pieces of aluminum shaft, and the inserts for them.

Rick

Comment

I keep flirting with the idea of wood shafts, but don’t really see the point (other than panache).

Comment

I shoot Ace Standard 145 gr. on my woodies. They are pretty inexpensive, easy to sharpen and fly just like my field points. This being said, there are a lot of good broadheads out there.

Comment

This! Tested over a long time!

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                        Zwickey Eskimo. I like grizzlies as well but Zwickey do a great job for the price.

Comment

I use Ace and Zwickey heads

Comment

I used those a lot back around 2000-2002. I used to shoot in a trad DART league back in PA and needed them to screw in the blunt tips for scoring then I just kept them on for hunting so my setup never changed. As this pic shows, mine have seen a lot of use/abuse haha.

Comment

I have Zwickey Eskimo and Bear Razorheads on my woods. Both are effective when placed in the right spot.

Comment

I have killed an uncountable number of critters with the Zwickey delta.
                                I also had great success with the 1-1/2" Snuffers, Killed a Buffalo with a Woodsman, so I guess I really don't have a favorite.

Comment

Working...
                                X