2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
    Doing great! Let me know next time your in Seadrift... I’m due a trip.

That’s how I fish flukes with great success...although I chose natural colored gulp. Maybe I should have chose the white.
    Be a few more weeks before I make it own there. Baby #2 is due on the 20th of this month. After that, its on. Will def let you know when were down. And, yes, get you some of them pearl white shrimp.

Comment

Terribly rough winter and slow fishing, but managed a few. Ready for summer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This reminds me.....I need to set up a swordfish trip!

Comment

West Matagorda two weeks ago. All on a topwater. Pretty good day. Marshhunter I sent you a PM. Good luck.
          Last edited by kevin nicholls; 05-09-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, good thread

Comment

Friday pic......Middle coast fishing top water knee to thigh deep. Been on solid fish last few weeks but Saturdays wind direction changed seemed to scatter bait clearing up water making conditions tough.
              Attached Files

Comment

Reds are thick in West Matty. From Pipeline to Greens that been catching good reds and a mixed bag of trout. Shell island on the north end has been hot also. East Matty has been giving up some good solid trout as well. Was going to get out this week but my bride booked a trip to Ft Worth this weekend with her girl friend so I have to be a responsible parent and get the kids to school and work the weekend lol. Yeah I had to get out and push a buddy off a sand bar and the water was bearable, you can wet wade now it just takes a little to warm up the northern parts lol.

Comment

Managed a few the last couple weekends
                  Nothing to brag about but managed to scratch out a few each trip

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Few from offshore also

Last edited by Chief; 04-02-2018, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to this summer. We are moving to McAllen and I will have daddy daycare duties which will include fishing. Will be following this thread for tips and tricks to help me adjust from fresh to saltwater fishing. Mainly going to focus on reds and specks to keep the kids interested.

Comment

Fished jones lake by tiki Friday and Saturday with the kids. Reds and drum mainly. The wind was brutal on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          If you need a spot filled I’m very interested!!!

Will pay....

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Sounds like. Good times. Bucket list

Comment

Hit the banks of Sabine for couple hours this am and caught 7 trout with only one being a keeper. All on arties. Wife and I are taking a cruise later this month and I have an offshore trip booked in Nassau, Bahamas while we are in port for the day. Cant wait!

Comment

Wahoo migration Flower Garden Bank 2018

Marauders and Braids trolled at 9 to 14 knots - wahoo & tuna

A few deep drops over active coral East Flower Bank - anchovy and jigs - snappers, AJs, various sharks with a sandbar at 10ft and Grouper. The AJs were released as well as the sharks.

Blackfin tuna chunk on an Accurate 80 wide - stand up. Everyone has quality Mako steaks for the grill.
                                [IMG]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4708/40325410652_9ace684e51_z.jpg
                                [/IMG]

Big sharks were fairly bad with a hot Wahoo on the hookup. Some of these sharks went well over 10ft, lost some tackle due to these beasts.

Had a few reef donkeys smash and kill wahoo on the hook - retrieve as well. A pair of plus 100 lb AJs doubled up and smashed an AJ to death - one AJ jumped and cleared about 3ft of air in an aerial attack. That fish was Texas State record class.

The pile - major mixed bag with tuna, wahoo, kingfish, cuda, grouper, snapper, shark and reef fish

Comment

Working...
                                X