Great time at Diamond C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great time at Diamond C

Just got back a couple of days ago from Diamond C and , once again, had a great time. My goal was to try to get an axis doe, a couple of hogs and maybe a black buck ( been on my bucket list for a long time). First evening out I was covered in Red deer, elk, fallow, axis ( in velvet) whitetail, goats of every description (nice ones) and sika. No black bucks, no axis does ( it's like they got the memo) and a few hogs showed up at dark thirty (yes, my hog light was back at the lodge). Next morning Skylar took me to the stand that I call "the field" and had a repeat of the previous nights critters with the exception of no hogs at all. An Addax showed up AND the black buck showed up as well. I picked one at 25 yards and let the rage eat. Nice hit thru both front shoulders and he didn't run maybe 25 yards before piling up. I added a hog that evening (sorry no pic) and my hunt was complete. If you're thinking of planning a nice trip I'd give Skylar a call. The lodge is great ( my wife went with me and absolutely loved it) and to say that its target rich is an understatement for sure.
    Attached Files

Congrats on the black buck and hog. Sounds like you had an excellent time

Comment

Great job! Nice black buck!!!
      Glad you got to connect on what you were after!

Comment

Sounds like a great time was had. Nice BB. I cant wait to get there.....will be there first week of April looking for a BB of my own and an oryx.

Comment

Congrats on the BB. I got one from there also. It's a great place.

Comment

Just booked a hunt there this August. Looks like an awesome place.

Comment

Congrats on a great hunt!

Comment

nice, congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Very nice! I was wondering where the black buck and audad came from on our place last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                        Just booked a hunt there this August. Looks like an awesome place.
                        If you're going in August the axis will be hard horned then and he has some real nice ones.

Comment

Working...
                        X