No announcement yet.

Fall Army Worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Navasota in grimes county. I came home from the lease yesterday to find my yard black with army worms. I used spectracide water hose attachment and I sprayed my whole yard along with parts of my neighbors. Woke up this morning and walked the yard to find zero worms. Hopefully that will keep them at bay. If not I have a gallon of concentrate ready to go if they show back up. What worries me is my neighbors back yard is not kept up and full of them. They are crawling up the neighbors house they are so thick.
    Last edited by trooperjd; 09-17-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
      I live in Navasota in grimes county. I came home from the lease yesterday to find my yard black with army worms. I used spectracide water hose attachment and I sprayed my whole yard along with parts of my neighbors. Woke up this morning and walked the yard to find zero worms. Hopefully that will keep them at bay.
      I did something similar the otherday. IN the early to mid afternoon they climb on the grass, morning they are gone but come back in the afternoon. Keep an eye out.

Comment

I am planting this Thursday in far Western Young County. Yall are making me nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
          Does that Lambda kill at all stages of growth? Was reading that some insecticides only kill when the worm is less than 3/4 inch.
          lamb-cy will kill all stages as well as grasshopper. But I’m telling ya I can’t touch an unopened jug without burning. It’s bad stuff

Demlin (sp?) has a 21 day residual if no rain but it only kills small.

Bifen cost about $2.30 an acre and has about 7-9 days residual unless it rains

Comment

We have them bad in Leon County.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              lamb-cy will kill all stages as well as grasshopper. But I’m telling ya I can’t touch an unopened jug without burning. It’s bad stuff

Demlin (sp?) has a 21 day residual if no rain but it only kills small.

Bifen cost about $2.30 an acre and has about 7-9 days residual unless it rains
              Sounds like some nasty poison

Comment

They are BAD in upshur county. I work for the city and I'm sitting here looking at thousands right now eating away

Comment

Fall army worms are always bad after a rain.

Knock on wood - or my poor, dry pastures - I haven't seen them ------ yet. I think I'll pick up some Lamda or Permethrin today and get my sprayer ready.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                    They are BAD in upshur county. I work for the city and I'm sitting here looking at thousands right now eating away
                    I emailed our county extension office to see what they recommend. I'm assuming they will recommend a higher budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      Fall army worms are always bad after a rain.

Knock on wood - or my poor, dry pastures - I haven't seen them ------ yet. I think I'll pick up some Lamda or Permethrin today and get my sprayer ready.
                      Last year after Harvey we didn't see them at all - at least where I'm at. However, this year we had about 7 weeks of drought; the rain hit and then boom

Comment

... back & forth
                        Attached Files

Comment

Why not ask Producers Co-Op what they recommend? They are usually ahead of everyone else on new pesticides.

Comment

I make it rain
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              Why not ask Producers Co-Op what they recommend? They are usually ahead of everyone else on new pesticides.
                              Good idea

Comment

Spraying 150 acres today with Tombstone. Expensive but it kills and maintains a residual. Seems like it is a day to day battle in East Texas. Probably the worst break out we have seen since the 80s

Comment

Working...
                                X