Fall Army Worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall Army Worms

I live in Grimes County. The fall army worms this year are freakin' crazy. It's like nothing kills them. I tried Sevin concentrate but it seems like that didn't really work. I need some suggestions please

They are in Flower Mound too. I used Spectricide in the bottle that attaches to the hose for my yard.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
      They are in Flower Mound too. I used Spectricide in the bottle that attaches to the hose for my yard.
      Did it work?

Comment

I’ve been battling since May. I’ve sprayed everything minimum 3 times. About to start 4th here at the dairy. I kill the &$&% out of them.... then we get 3/10 rain and start over again. Every blade of grass we own has had them in the past week

Lamb-cy will kill them... but I’ll warn you that stuff is ROUGH! I won’t even handle it anymore

It’s technically not on label.... so I would never use it, cough cough wink but bifen 24% @ 4oz per acre will kill them... I’ve heard cough cough. Fanfare EC

Last 3 years something has changed. I always had them this time of year, but now I battle them literally all dang year. Those that have planted fall plots early are playing with fire in my area. Most will be destroyed before they ever knew they had them

Comment

We have them bad in South Brazos County.

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
            Did it work?
            Seemed to immediately but I think some from the field next door are making their way over. I can’t spray the entire neighborhood.

Comment

Mills County has them

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post

Lamb-cy will kill them... but I’ll warn you that stuff is ROUGH! I won’t even handle it anymore
                I have sprayed Lambda once back in August, and I am checking my pastures everyday incase they pop back up.

I just bought 2 new gallon jugs, and you can smell it through the jug!

Comment

Thry are thick at our place in Austin county right now. Didnt notice them until my wife pointed them out Friday and they done killed half my yard and wiped out about 3 acres in the pasture. Nothing but twigs now and a dang worm on every one. Those things are the devil...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've sprayed permethrin (sp) on them with my boom sprayer this year already with success in Wilson county.

Comment

They are brutal. I have a large market garden. I've kept them at bay with insecticidal soap and neem oil. Around the plots I sprayed the Sevin.

Comment

Sniper will smoke them

Comment

Dealing with them today. Lambda is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=705095

Dealing with them today. Lambda is the way to go.
                            Does that Lambda kill at all stages of growth? Was reading that some insecticides only kill when the worm is less than 3/4 inch.

Comment

Lost my plots last year in Eastland County. First time in 14 years I’ve had them. Planted 10 acres yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed that they won’t come back.

Comment

Working...
                              X