Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laws....we don't need no stinkin laws......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    Yes I have true access. Going to go in a couple of weeks and camp and trout fish on our public lands in Colorado. Then going back in September to camp and hunt elk in Wyoming. I can go there any time of the year and camp or hike, weather permitting. I can hunt or fish anytime I have a license for the season. That is pretty true access.

I don't know many areas of Europe where a common man can go do all those things. If I'm wrong and there are, please post them up. I'd love to see them.
    You can only go in there with their permission, by paying a fee and applying for a permit. You do not have the freedom to use those lands at all. You have permission from your government who is the true owner of the lands. You have no true access on your own.

Comment

Yes I have true access. Going to go in a couple of weeks and camp and trout fish on our public lands in Colorado. Then going back in September to camp and hunt elk in Wyoming. I can go there any time of the year and camp or hike, weather permitting. I can hunt or fish anytime I have a license for the season. That is pretty true access.

I don't know many areas of Europe where a common man can go do all those things. If I'm wrong and there are, please post them up. I'd love to see them.
      Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      You can only go in there with their permission, by paying a fee and applying for a permit. You do not have the freedom to use those lands at all. You have permission from your government who is the true owner of the lands. You have no true access on your own.

I think there is a miscommunication here between land access and hunting/fishing rights. Both of you are correct, you are just talking about two different things.

Comment

I don't have to pay a fee or buy a permit to access our public lands that I use. I can go any time. I have to have a license to hunt or fish. Not sure what you are referring to.

Still waiting to hear about the same access and privelages in Europe

Comment

I don't have to pay a fee or buy a permit to access our public lands that I use. I can go any time. I have to have a license to hunt or fish. Not sure what you are referring to.

Robin Hood story proved your point on European access/privileges.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            I'm throwing some chum out there in the water.
            Something fishy in the water for sure. Maybe it is over now.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
              Something fishy in the water for sure. Maybe it is over now.
              Ya always gotta question the motives of free-grazers!

I know there are a lot of Bundy supporters on this site. That was another interesting story in itself.

Comment

From a UK website:

Exclusions and restrictions on public access

There are some general restrictions on the use of access land. These are as follows:
                •the right of access is confined to access by foot (there are exceptions for invalid carriages and for vessels and sailboards on tidal waters);
                •the right of access includes the right to be accompanied by a dog but not by any other type of animal. However, between 1 March and 31 July dogs must be kept on a short lead (of not more than 2 metres) and dogs must also be kept on a short lead whatever the time of year if they are in the vicinity of livestock;
                •there is no right to commit a criminal offence;
                •there is no right to light or tend a fire or do any act which is likely to cause a fire;
                •intentionally or recklessly taking, killing, injuring or disturbing an animal, bird or fish is prohibited;
                •intentionally or recklessly taking, damaging or destroying an egg or nest is prohibited;
                •feeding livestock is prohibited;
                •bathing in non-tidal water is prohibited;
                •hunting, shooting, fishing, trapping, snaring, taking and destroying animals, birds and fish is prohibited as is having any engine, instrument or apparatus for such purposes;
                •using or having a metal detector is prohibited;
                •intentionally removing, damaging and destroying plants, shrubs, trees and roots and parts of the same is prohibited;
                •obstructing the flow of a drain or watercourse or opening, shutting or interfering with a sluice-gate or other apparatus is prohibited;
                •interfering with a fence, barrier or other device designed to prevent accidents to people or to enclose livestock, without reasonable excuse, is prohibited;
                •there is a requirement to shut any gates and to fasten them where any means of doing so as provided, except where it is reasonable to assume that a gate is intended to be left open;
                •affixing or writing an advertisement, bill, placard or notice is prohibited;
                •intimidating, disturbing and annoying other people who are engaging in or are about to engage in a lawful activity or obstructing or disrupting that activity is prohibited;
                •engaging in any organised games, camping, hang-gliding and para-gliding is prohibited;
                •engaging in any activity which is organised or undertaken for any commercial purpose is prohibited.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Ya always gotta question the motives of free-grazers!
                  Remember the guy on the other side of the table?

You run out of chum Phillip? Maybe see if you can grab some turtles for the chumcicle?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

You run out of chum Phillip? Maybe see if you can grab some turtles for the chumcicle?
                    If I run out I'll borrow some from you.

Comment

Who's that? Who's Phillip? Who wooped his arse?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        I think there is a miscommunication here between land access and hunting/fishing rights. Both of you are correct, you are just talking about two different things.
                        You nailed it.

Comment

You nailed it.
                          No y'all didn't. US public lands and European public lands are vastly different. The US has millions upon millions of acres of public land that any American (or European for that matter) can recreate on....with no fee or permit. We can go any time of year without asking permission. You can hike, bike, camp, fish, hunt (with proper license), bird watch, shoot guns, shoot bows, etc...

How you think the European public lands are better is beyond me. As someone mentioned earlier about Robin Hood....the elite own most of the land and the game animals in Europe. It is not the public land paradise that you think it is.

Comment

No y'all didn't. US public lands and European public lands are vastly different. The US has millions upon millions of acres of public land that any American (or European for that matter) can recreate on....with no fee or permit. We can go any time of year without asking permission. You can hike, bike, camp, fish, hunt (with proper license), bird watch, shoot guns, shoot bows, etc...

How you think the European public lands are better is beyond me. As someone mentioned earlier about Robin Hood....the elite own most of the land and the game animals in Europe. It is not the public land paradise that you think it is.
                            Not going to read it, give it a rest. It really isn't that important and its subjective so there is no way to reconcile.

Comment

The guy in the picture is a senator, who keeps getting his butt whooped by his exercise equipment.

Phillip is the guy copying and pasting articles on this thread, without any commentary.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The guy in the picture is a senator, who keeps getting his butt whooped by his exercise equipment.

Phillip is the guy copying and pasting articles on this thread, without any commentary.
                                Dam.....that Total Gym whooped Harry's arse.... didn't even recognize him

Comment

Working...
                                X