No announcement yet.

Buying my wife a van. Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Pacifica for my office and it has been a good vehicle. 13K miles on it so far and averaging around 22mpg.

That said, I wouldn't give up my XL Denali to drive the mini van everyday. The Denali tows 8500 pounds, rides better, has more room, and got 21mpg going to Disney and back for spring break.

Comment

Buddy of mine just went through this. He ended up with the Honda Odyssey.

He looked a multiple brands. Based on what he gathered, Honda pretty much sets the bar on mini-vans and all other manufactures follow.

Comment

Adnoh(TJ) here is the sales manager at Howdy Honda.

Call him.
        Last edited by Fishndude; 05-15-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

We just traded our Acadia for an Odyssey and love it. My in-laws put over 300K miles on theirs with regular maintenance only.

Comment

[ATTACH]908157[/ATTACH]

Comment

I was GIVEN an 11 yr old Mazda MPV (a medium-sized, narrower-than full size minivan), that even had a tow package, and I wouldn't take another one.

The only minivan I would willingly get into again is a Honda Odyssey. But please, do like I did, and buy a nice used Suburban and enjoy the holy heck out of it. Please?

Comment

I think, for a van.Subaru is a great option

Comment

This is the only van i would buy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Odyssey. We had one for eight years, and gave it away. Those folks drove it for a few make and gave it away too.

Comment

I have never been a dodge fan. In 2013 our 99 Mercury villager died and we were force to buy a new vehicle. My wife wanted a van. She got a van. We went with the Chrysler Town and Country. It's been a great vehicle. I'd not hesitate to buy another Chrysler/Dodge product.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                        i would go with toyota. But i am a toyota guy. Second choice would be a honda

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                          No, no, no
                          x2

Comment

I’ve really looked into them recently, especially with gas prices going up.

Pretty much the Honda Odessey and the Chrysler Pacifica(they changed the name from the Town and Country) are always at the top of the rankings. The Kia Sadona offers a lot for the money but fuel economy, ride comfort, power, and resale value are severely lacking. The Toyota Sienna is always mid pack with a good vehicle, but nothing great about it.

The new Pacifica Plugin Hybrid has my interests peaked. 33 mile all electric range, 30+ mpg highway, along with a $7500 tax incentive is pretty enticing.

Comment

If you care anything about resale - Honda and Toyota would be my only choice.

Comment

We recently got rid of our 2006 Toyota Sienna. It was a very good vehicle, not a single problem with it. (Other than my kids being hard on things.) It had 19,000 miles on it when we bought it, I think we had the miles up to like 170,000. Took many long road trips up to Wisconsin in that vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X