300 BLK light bullet loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 BLK light bullet loads

Have any y'all got experience with 110 gr bullet loads? Sierra has a Pro-Hunter 110 gr soft point, Speer has 110 gr hollow point and a spire point, and Hornady has a 110 gr spire pt and a round soft nose.

Not really interested in anything heavier, just doing some trials. I have found that 296 and CFE BLK shoot rather well in this little gun, but velocity is rather slow for good bullet expansion past 75 yards. I thought a 30-30 bullet or some type of HP may upset good.

Barnes loads a 110gr TAC bullet that has gotten great reviews, and has performed for me as well, but unfortunately don’t hold as tight of a group as the Remington 120gr HP do in my pop gun. Hope this helps and bit as well as give you another option to look at.

jrg

Comment

Did the Barnes bullet expand? A lot of jacketed rifle bullets won’t expand if the velocity is less than 1600fps. I know Nosler is addressing this issue in a new line of long range hunting bullets.

There is great article on this very subject in Handloader Magazine this month.

Comment

Get the Barnes and don’t look back.
        Yes, they expand, more reliably than any others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Barnes designed the 110gr tac-tx bullet for the blackout & it performs well...heck, it even says .308 / 300 Blackout on the box. Most load it with either the W296 or H110 (they are actually the same powder)

My AAC SBR upper shoots them under moa.

Comment

Okay, I will order up some. Yes 296 shot good in rifle. I read on some forums where guys say they are killing hogs 200 yards or farther with a 300AAC, that’s a long ways for that little round. I guess it’s possible but seems like there are better choices.
            Last edited by Radar; 01-14-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

H110 and the 110 hollow point are amazing. Idr charge weight but my pistol has probably 1-1.5” with a 4x scope.

Comment

I load and shoot 110 barnes blacktips using h110 at 19.1 grains. I did not do extensive load development, just a simple powder weight ladder, but these were shooting sub moa and that was good enough for me.

I just purchased a bunch of 110 varmeggeddons. Shooting these with h110 19.1 grains too. This was the only weight i tried because i was hoping to use same loads as barnes. They do need to be seated quite a bit further so ill be purchasing another seater die. I hate changing them up between loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                  I load and shoot 110 barnes blacktips using h110 at 19.1 grains. I did not do extensive load development, just a simple powder weight ladder, but these were shooting sub moa and that was good enough for me.

I just purchased a bunch of 110 varmeggeddons. Shooting these with h110 19.1 grains too. This was the only weight i tried because i was hoping to use same loads as barnes. They do need to be seated quite a bit further so ill be purchasing another seater die. I hate changing them up between loads.
                  Cabelas had some Barnes and Sierra, so I bought box of each. Are y’all seating the Barnes to the book OAL or using a different length?

Comment

Go with the Barnes

Comment

This is what i do, but like i said i havnt perfected it and probably wont, good enough for deer and hogs to 200yds. I load for accuracy with my 308. Shot my buck this year at 125yds with barnes blacktip, it ran but his interior was blended.

Barnes 110gn blacktips seated to OAL of 2.245

Varmeggeddon 110 seated to 2.065

Picture is a barnes i found in opposite hog shoulder, loaded barnes round, and varmeggeddon bullet.
                      Bullet is deadly, but definitely not as devastating as the 308.

Comment

Pics

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                          This is what i do, but like i said i havnt perfected it and probably wont, good enough for deer and hogs to 200yds. I load for accuracy with my 308. Shot my buck this year at 125yds with barnes blacktip, it ran but his interior was blended.

Barnes 110gn blacktips seated to OAL of 2.245

Varmeggeddon 110 seated to 2.065

Picture is a barnes i found in opposite hog shoulder, loaded barnes round, and varmeggeddon bullet.
                          Bullet is deadly, but definitely not as devastating as the 308.
                          Thank you for the info. Your pics show a perfect mushroom and I like it.

Comment

As has been said, the 110 and even 120 grain TAC TX bullets are designed specifically for the Blackout.

I use 300MP and see a nice velocity bump over H110/W296. I’m getting 2315fps from my 8” Noveske.

Here’s another pic of the performance of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've never used anything but the Hornady 125gr SST over 18gr of H110
                              Drops hogs at 200 yards. I have no reason to change a thing about it

Comment

Working...
                              X