X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver spoon

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Had a home owner go ape the last time I fished lights in Galveston. My son and I were fishing subdivision lights around piers, and we had thrown a couple casts at a green light, when this 20 something kid comes out and asks us what we're doing. I said fishing, and his father comes out and yells at us that they were fishing, and we had no respect. He said he paid for it. I told them that we'd move on, but that wasn't good enough. There were no poles outside. He turned out his lights and followed us down the canal with a flashlight, yelling. He said he had our "TX numbers", so I told him he didn't own the water. Thought about calling the GW to educate him about "navigable waters" but decided not to make an incident of it. Yea, I was pretty ******.
      Some people are just D*cks! Lol

We have a place down around Freeport, and usually have decent fish hanging around that will hit little swim-bait tandem rigs.. but they get super skittish after you catch one. Sometimes they will come back 15 mins or so later, and other time just dinks remain. Can be frustrating as heck. I have heard that the lights above the water may not have as big a problem with this as the submersed green lights. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
        small silver spoon with light line
        This

Comment

Anybody have some areas they would recommend to fish at night in kayaks? I've been wanting to do it just don't know where some good locations are. I mainly fish corpus- Aransas pass.

Comment

We used to bring the glass minnows up with a light. As soon as we started seeing trout "flashing" as they were hitting the minnows, we would throw silver or gold spoons on light line. Tear' email up!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              We always have good luck with the 2.5" litl fishie swim bait in pearl or killer shad. And we fished it weightless or as close to weightless as possible. You can fish it slow and keep it in the light longer than may baits since it has some resistance. They would crush it as it passed through the underwater green lights in my Dad and neighbor's canals. An added bonus is they were tough and lasted.

These are the ticket, if there are fish in the lights they will hit these

Comment

Fin S minnow and Yozuri has a 3 1/2 crystal minnow that is perfect

Comment

As you can see, any 3" bait, in silver, chartreuse, white, etc... will work .

Comment

Had a pic handy. Buddy asked me last week what to use and sent it to him, he tore them up as well..this is all I use under the lights will catch specs as expected, ssndtrout, occasional red, occasional croaker etc caught flounder on the bottom as well

These are my go to and we fish lights just about every weekend in the summer

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                      Had a pic handy. Buddy asked me last week what to use and sent it to him, he tore them up as well..this is all I use under the lights will catch specs as expected, ssndtrout, occasional red, occasional croaker etc caught flounder on the bottom as well

These are my go to and we fish lights just about every weekend in the summer

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                      This

Comment

The Norton sand eel jr in glow or margarita will work.

1/8oz jig head and you're in business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

where did you say you was gonna be with these lights again.....?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            As you can see, any 3" bait, in silver, chartreuse, white, etc... will work .
                            That has been pretty much my experience.

I use a Cocahoe minnow instead of the other baits just listed. Why? It is not any better but it is a soft plastic bait that I can usually catch about 20 trout on without changing. I have tried many of the others like Gulp, Fin-s, etc. They work great. I can average a keeper trout under the lights about once every four baits with those. I can sometimes catch a limit on one or two Cocahoe. I put Lit'l Fishie in the same category as the are great...... when I can find them which is hard locally.

It is purely economical. Equal results at about 10% of the cost.

Comment

Always wanted to try an umbrella rig with trout under lights. Haven't done it yet. Let us know if you do.

Comment

Working...
                              X