who is the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
    Brian Hall in Bronte had done some really good looking cats.
    Yep anywhere west tx I would go with Brian or Safari Studios.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
      Definitely on the list of one of the best.
      Phil is THE BEST..... A young man named Ashley Barrett is not for behind him though...
      But there are a bunch of great cat taxidermists out there.. None are cheap and none have a fast turnaround time unless you pay for it to be expedited.
      This is why you see so many bad ones.... Most hunters want it cheap and quick. The end result is what you see on here on a regular basis. Those are just the cold hard facts.
      Last edited by PondPopper; 06-14-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Cat mounts

Take a look at Jerry Huffaker in Abilene,a national champion. Also Gary Damuth in Brady does exceptional work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Hoover View Post
          Take a look at Jerry Huffaker in Abilene,a national champion. Also Gary Damuth in Brady does exceptional work.
          Damuth did 2 bucks for me in '07.I was unimpressed to say the least.It's the most I've ever paid to have deer mounted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Robert Major out of Las Cruces is hands down the best cat guy around. Period....

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
              Robert Major out of Las Cruces is hands down the best cat guy around. Period....

Wow, those are amazing

Comment

Some good cat mounts posted here. The other threads, not so much

Comment

A few more of Robert's cats....

Comment

...tagged. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                      Here you go!

The lion mount was a hide that had been laying around for 15 years and given to Karl and he mounted it.

[ATTACH]858411[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858412[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858413[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858414[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858415[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858416[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858417[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858418[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858420[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858421[/ATTACH]
                      The TP holder in the last pic is awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post

Wow. Night and day difference from the big cats mudslinger posted

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          Wow. Night and day difference from the big cats mudslinger posted
                          Big time. I do not think Brosigs work is top notch. There's a place in Colorado that's up there with these guys too. Big Cat Taxidermy. I think that's the name. Still waiting on my mount from Clay Wagner. At 15-16 months currently. I talk to him every so often. Nice dude. Not in a hurry. As long as it's top notch then I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Big time. I do not think Brosigs work is top notch. There's a place in Colorado that's up there with these guys too. Big Cat Taxidermy. I think that's the name. Still waiting on my mount from Clay Wagner. At 15-16 months currently. I talk to him every so often. Nice dude. Not in a hurry. As long as it's top notch then I'm happy.
                            Personall I am happy with what Brosig did for me. Guess that just goes to show how we look at mounts different. I have over 50 mounts in my house and I have maybe 2 or 3 that are not good and i have about 5 or 6 different taxidermists represented in those mounts. I thought I was rather picky also but according to some evidentely not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              Personall I am happy with what Brosig did for me. Guess that just goes to show how we look at mounts different. I have over 50 mounts in my house and I have maybe 2 or 3 that are not good and i have about 5 or 6 different taxidermists represented in those mounts. I thought I was rather picky also but according to some evidentely not.
                              I never said they were bad. I think they do decent work. Nate sends a lot to them also. Great folks too. But top notch they are not. Not even remotely close to the best as was asked. Hard to have a discussion about taxi work without someone not being happy lol

Comment

Safari Studios in San Angelo does a great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X