No announcement yet.

DIY---- Hog Light (Stabalizer Light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should have checked this earlier. I paid $9.99 plus tax at the Home Depot today. Oh well not too bad I guess if they work 4x longer.

Comment

This is a great posting, but I do not understand how you connect the wiring to the battery assembly. Can one of you gentlemen explain again...

thanks, Andy

Comment

Nothing like protecting the pocket book!!!!!!!!!
        Great build guys.
        Let us know how they work/hold up in the field after a few shots.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
          got mine at walmart for $5 for a pack of 4, and they last 4x longer
          I looked at the package again. It says 8X and lithium premium.

Comment

Originally posted by TxJustice View Post
            This is a great posting, but I do not understand how you connect the wiring to the battery assembly. Can one of you gentlemen explain again...

thanks, Andy
            One wire gets soldered to the negative terminal and the other gets soldered to the ring at the end of the assembly that you removed the contact bar from. The pic with the drill through the bottom of the assembly shows the negative one. I just drilled right through where the (-) sign was.

Comment

Here is the connection on the other end.

Comment

Originally posted by Blast-n-cast View Post
                One wire gets soldered to the negative terminal and the other gets soldered to the ring at the end of the assembly that you removed the contact bar from. The pic with the drill through the bottom of the assembly shows the negative one. I just drilled right through where the (-) sign was.
                and technically you can just clip the contact bar and solder to it, and then to the negative, and it should fit a little better in the housing, ive done it both ways, and both work fine

Comment

has anyone took any night time pictures

Comment

Let us know how they work/hold up in the field after a few shots.
                    ive shot it plenty, holds up like a rock. works wonderful, i got 2" groups at 40 yards in pitch darkness

Comment

Originally posted by jdafonte2000 View Post
                      i tried, but it doesnt show up well, cause me taking it 20-40 yards away the camera doesnt work that far in the dark, ill try to get a few tonight, and have someone else stand at 40 yards while i shine it

Comment

Originally posted by jdafonte2000 View Post
                        these pics dont really do it justice, first one is at 15 yards, rest are at 40, at 40 it lit up my entire fence that is 8 ft tall. could easily see everything. it gives a pretty good view out to about 65 yards.

Comment

How did you guys attach the wires to the switch? do both wires solder to the switch? Just one?

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                            How did you guys attach the wires to the switch? do both wires solder to the switch? Just one?
                            both solder to the switch

Comment

The switch has two prongs on one side and two prongs on the other. Which wires go where. I cant seem to get mine to work. I did everything as you instructed but it wont come on with the switch>

Comment

sounds like you are using a double pull double throw switch (dpdt) you need at least a spdt, or spst switch. im not for certain, but i believe so. you may see if it is labeled on the prongs, no (normally open) and a ground is what you will need

Comment

Working...
                                X