Thompson Temple Ram Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson Temple Ram Hunt

I know some o you don't like Ram Hunting and don't like Thompson Temple and that's OK but I Do ...
    Here is the hunt run down ad some Pics. This is an annual Father/daughter trip not intended to take a Monster Ram but to have some time togther away from everything and enjoy the Hills.
    Got there @7:45 PM after picking up my daughter from school and settled in. Great bunch of people and we clicked right away...
    Saturday AM hunt was sizing up things and enjoying being in God's creation. After a little to eat we did a walk but man the heat beat us up so we headed back to the trailer ... Saw a few Rams and some deer (Nice 8-Point). Changed location to help another hunter in the trophy pasture that wanted an Orange Tag but he was colored blind so I spotted for him. It was his 1st animal with a bow and he pulled it ... Gut Shot ! We chased him around until dark but had to call it a night . Caught up to him Sunday morning and finished him off ... He was a Huge Texas Dall that scored Gold Medal.
    While waiting 45 Min after he shot his Ram, a Mouflon type walked by and I took aim. Wow ... perfect angling away shot took out the top half of the heart and angled up through the neck. Sorry for all the carnage in the pics but 125 Gr Slick Tricks out of a Crossbow do some serious damage.

Here are the Pics:
    Attached Files

Congrats. Quality time spent outdoors with one of your own children is priceless.

I may take my 5 year old son on a weekend getaway there.

Comment

Congrats... I love Thompsons and Thompson himself.

Comment

It's awesome that you were able to share that time with you daughter, the ram is just a bonus!

Comment

Congrats to your daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by bu2herndog View Post
            Congrats to your daughter.
            X2 Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats to your daughter and to you for taking her!

Comment

Congrats on the hunt ! Father and daughter time -- out in the field -- good times

Comment

Congrats on the Father/Daughter hunt! Me and mine little 15 year old beauty are headed to Lonesome Bull on Oct. 13th thru 16th. She is going to shoot (with a crossbow) one of the four animals listed below: Yak, Ibex Cross, Four Horn or Catalina. I am going to give her the choice. I am pushing for the Yak as I have heard they eat better than an elk. Should be an awesome time!!! Not going to be too many more once college starts.

Comment

Congrats to you and your daughter.....I agree with you I love to hunt at Thompson's and he is really a good man.

I will be heading out to Thompson's with a friend next week. This will be my third trip and hoping to take a Texas Dall or a Black Hawaiian.

Thanks for sharing the pics and getting me charged up!

Comment

Congrats on yalls hunt

Comment

i need to make a trip there

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

nice pics

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...