2016 Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
    So what happens if your group is drawn, but one guy cannot make it? Can you still go minus one?
    Yeah as long as you pay for your permit on time.

Comment

Nothing in exotic, archery deer or javi for me today. Maybe get lucky on the second draw in a couple weeks.

Comment

Drew Davis Mountains for Javis!!!! Also unlimited aoudad and pigs. What are my chances of seeing an Aoudad???

I'm pumped!

Comment

Struck out on exotic, archery deer, and javelina so far. Our first year on a lease this year so it may be for the better!

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            My money was due on8/28, they've already received it...

The 2nd draw should take place on or about the 29th.
            Yup not too long after money is due I got lucky and got in on the 2nd draw at archery chap. 2 yrs ago so far struck out in gator, javelina, archery deer and exotic but plenty more to go

Comment

Originally posted by ttu1997 View Post
              struck out with 10 pts in Exotic Mason Mountain
              My parents struck out with 17pts....I think something wrong with the system.

Comment

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
                My parents struck out with 17pts....I think something wrong with the system.
                Look at how many people enter each hunt versus the number of permits. Sometimes you can get lucky. I drew one permit last year (the only one) out of 1,288 entries. Someone has got to get it.

Comment

I draw Javelina in the Daughtrey (2 points!) and Archery in Nannie StringFellow (3 points!).

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                    Look at how many people enter each hunt versus the number of permits. Sometimes you can get lucky. I drew one permit last year (the only one) out of 1,288 entries. Someone has got to get it.
                    ^^^This, preference points don't carry the weight they used to with massive increase in applications, and megger89 I agree with you there is something very wrong with the system when folks who have loyally been putting into the systems for almost two decades and don't get more preference.
                    Last edited by bossbowman; 08-12-2016, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Dang the luck.... Struck out on exotic and archery deer with 15 points each. I sure thought this would be the year.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        ^^^This, preference points don't carry the weight they used to with massive increase in applications, and megger89 I agree with you there is something very wrong with the system when folks who have loyally been putting into the systems for almost two decades and don't get more preference.
                        To few tags and to many applicants for a true preference point system. Loyalty points or completly random draw is about the best you can hope for.

Comment

Got drawn for Mason Mountain WMA exotics along with Texantax and Sanne.

Comment

I went 2 for 10 today, only the second time in 22 years I drew 2 hunts the same year. Plus many hunts still left for this year. Got the wart hog hunt at Chap and the archery hunt at Engeling. No exotics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                              To few tags and to many applicants for a true preference point system. Loyalty points or completly random draw is about the best you can hope for.
                              True but they could make preference points worth more by squaring them or a multiplier, the current system is a slap in the face to long time applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                                Yeah, I hear what you are saying about those with a lot of PP, but some hunts, like pronghorn, there are a lot of people out there with a lot of points that will never get drawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X