No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going with a friend to chase the spotted deer this weekend on the south side of 10. Sunday I'll head over to my place and check for any storm damage and game cams.

Comment

I was up there this past Wednesday when the storms came through pretty sure we got more hail then rain lol got just enough rain to knock down the dust. But I'll take every bit we can get

Comment

Picking up the grandkids and leaving this Friday. Filling feeders and will look for some sheds and maybe some turkey feathers. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Foreman said we got 1.5 inches Saturday night ! We're heading that way Thursday or Friday just have to see how the next few days play out. Who else is going to fill feeders or chase Thunderchickens !!

Comment

Me and my pops will be up Thursday morning. Got to put 2 blinds up, set a storage building, put out a protein feeder, fill feeders, and then hopefully have time to kick back and do some hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
              Me and my pops will be up Thursday morning. Got to put 2 blinds up, set a storage building, put out a protein feeder, fill feeders, and then hopefully have time to kick back and do some hunting.
              Good luck to you and your pops ! Y'all don't work to hard ! And what ever you do don't forget to have fun !

Comment

Killed one tom , one rattlebug and 12 coons ! Filled feeders and found a bunch of sheds ! Everything looked good and had a great weekend. My son did shoot a tom with his bow , had a clean pass thru and followed a decent blood trail for 50yrds and never did find him. That was just some words I never thought I'd say in the same sentence. "Followed a decent blood trail on a tom for 50yrds and never found him " wasn't sure that was possible but it is . Tried to upload pic of tom but it wouldn't allow me to I'll try again later. Anyone else have any luck?

Comment

I went out there for some turkey hunting and camera checking a few weeks ago and had a great time. Took a nice tom with my bow and filled feeders but the Axis I want to take hadn't finished growing out yet.

I'm stuck in Minnesota on a job right now. We got some snow and 32 degree temps last night. I look forward to getting back out to Sonora in about a month.

Meet & greet sounds great, and if I'm not off working somewhere I'm in!

Comment

Was out this past weekend. Saw a big Tom but he slipped away before I got on him. Worked my butt off rest of the weekend. Got 2 blinds setup, setup my spartan camera, got protein feeders going, did some tree trimming, and installed a water well pump and ran pipe to our trailer. . Did kill one rattlesnake. I came home sore and wore out. Office life has killed my manual labor days

Comment

Finally got it to work ! Not my biggest but he sure tasted as good as any !
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wanted to post this up in case any of you will be in the area. It's my first time attending and looks like it may be a great way to meet surrounding neighbors. One of the main officers in charge of this event is the land manager of the ranch I hunt in Sonora. Last year he said they had around 150 ranchers attend so should be a good turnout. On a similar note, I recently became part of a drone aerial mapping company that produces high resolution and accurate maps for landowners. We will have a booth set up that will provide information about our drone services and examples of the maps we've created. Feel free to come stop by and introduce yourself! Below is a link to the event. Registration ends April 14th. Look forward to meeting some of yall there!

Writer: Steve Byrns, 325-653-4576, s-byrns@tamu.edu Contact: Dr. Doug Tolleson 325-387-3168, Douglas.Tolleson@ag.tamu.edu                  SONORA – Heritage, Homestead and Habitat will be the theme of the upcoming Neighbors Meeting Neighbors field day at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research Station at Sonora from 9 a.m.-3 p.m April 22.                 The station is on Texas Highway 55 between... Read More →

Registration page : http://sonora.tamu.edu/events/herita...stead-habitat/

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
                          Finally got it to work ! Not my biggest but he sure tasted as good as any !
                          Nice bird, congrats!!!

Comment

Family and I were at the lease Sunday-Today. Shot some hogs, Bushhogged some areas and had a great time EXCEPT when we went into town to eat at Maria's which happened to be the only place open Monday. Save yourselves some time, money and legs falling asleep on the toilet! Can't even start to describe how awful the food, service and cleanliness of the place. I know its Sonora and Not Houston/Dallas, but I won't step foot in that place again.

On another note, area was green, green, green! We didn't see much Axis at all on the trail cams the last 2-3 weeks. Not sure if they moved on or didn't care for corn now that they had plenty of Browse?

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
                              Nice bird, congrats!!!
                              Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                                Family and I were at the lease Sunday-Today. Shot some hogs, Bushhogged some areas and had a great time EXCEPT when we went into town to eat at Maria's which happened to be the only place open Monday. Save yourselves some time, money and legs falling asleep on the toilet! Can't even start to describe how awful the food, service and cleanliness of the place. I know its Sonora and Not Houston/Dallas, but I won't step foot in that place again.

On another note, area was green, green, green! We didn't see much Axis at all on the trail cams the last 2-3 weeks. Not sure if they moved on or didn't care for corn now that they had plenty of Browse?
                                Thanks for the heads up, we were going to try that place next time we went up. Now we wont.

I didnt see any axis either last time we went up. So maybe they are just not moving that great right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X