No announcement yet.

ATV Stereo set up.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a river cooler with an i-pod, bungee cord it to the front rack & go. 200 watts, a feeder battery & a solar panel. Use it at home, at camp & to call predators, best $100 I have spent in a while!

Comment

bump..........

keep em coming guys...

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorider View Post
        I do the same. I have the same setup as you. I built it for around $200 but it cold be done cheaper using cheaper components. The only difference that I see in my setup and yours is that I use the 12V rechargeable feeder batteries to power it. I went through a couple of those lawn batteries in a year and the feeder batteries have held up better, although they don't last as long so I keep an extra in the cooler.

br
        I hear ya, I had the amp and speakers in the barn... All I had to buy when I built mine was the battery and RCA-MP3 cable... Cost me all of about $45 to build mine!!! And I have had great luck out of my little $20 battery from walmart, it lasts for two days and I am on my second year with it.... But if I have to replace it this year that's only $10 a year....

Comment

While we are at it........ is there a way to make the MP3 to where I can change songs on my own? Or do I have to leave it in the box/cooler/pipe?

Comment

I ride with mine in a waterproof otterbox. I can change songs on the fly or setup a playlist and let it play.

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
              While we are at it........ is there a way to make the MP3 to where I can change songs on my own? Or do I have to leave it in the box/cooler/pipe?
              DJ, buy you a waterproof case for your mp3/ipod...

On mine, I just run the cord out between the lid and the cooler (I added a rubber gasket around my lid) and the gasket seals it good and then the mp3/ipod is in a water proof case!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexaswBOWhunter View Post
                DJ, buy you a waterproof case for your mp3/ipod...

On mine, I just run the cord out between the lid and the cooler (I added a rubber gasket around my lid) and the gasket seals it good and then the mp3/ipod is in a water proof case!!!
                cool!

Do they sell a cheap mount for the ipod?

Comment

cool!

Do they sell a cheap mount for the ipod?
                  Mount??? To mount it to what???

Comment

Mount??? To mount it to what???
                    handle bars, fender hell i dunno!!!! I'm new to this stuff LOL

Comment

handle bars, fender hell i dunno!!!! I'm new to this stuff LOL
                      They might make them, I dont have a mount... I always threw my mp3 in my saddle bags on the bike when we were 4 wheelin and I put it under the bungee (the one that holds the lid down tight) when I am floatin!!!

Comment

They might make them, I dont have a mount... I always threw my mp3 in my saddle bags on the bike when we were 4 wheelin and I put it under the bungee (the one that holds the lid down tight) when I am floatin!!!
                        saddle bags on a wheeler??????

Man I DO have alot to learn about this!!!!

Comment

saddle bags on a wheeler??????

Man I DO have alot to learn about this!!!!
                          Yes Sir... Instead of leather (like your used to) mine were camo!!!!

Comment

Yes Sir... Instead of leather (like your used to) mine were camo!!!!
                            I don't even run bags on my real bike!!!! Well I have one small one up on my bars.

Comment

Here's mine.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	sb1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	23926221

Click image for larger version

Name:	sb2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	23926222