American Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Gods

I enjoyed this book immensely and am looking forward to see how it translates to TV. It begins on the 30th of this month. From what I've read, the casting looks top notch. Ian McShane should absolutely nail Mr. Wednesday.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6HLeNl8DOs]American Gods[/ame]

Might get the book....

Comment

Don't know anything about it but looks pretty good....

Comment

ya good part for McShane

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
          Don't know anything about it but looks pretty good....
          Without spoiling anything, this is a pretty good summary: "The central premise of the novel is that gods and mythological creatures exist because people believe in them (a type of thoughtform). Immigrants to the United States brought with them spirits and gods. The power of these mythological beings has diminished as people's beliefs waned. New gods have arisen, reflecting America's obsessions with media, celebrity, technology, and drugs, among other things."

Comment

Fantastic book!...that I never finished. Need to get it again and speed read before the series starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Starting the book.

Comment

The book was great. My wife and I are looking forward to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                  Without spoiling anything, this is a pretty good summary: "The central premise of the novel is that gods and mythological creatures exist because people believe in them (a type of thoughtform). Immigrants to the United States brought with them spirits and gods. The power of these mythological beings has diminished as people's beliefs waned. New gods have arisen, reflecting America's obsessions with media, celebrity, technology, and drugs, among other things."
                  Sounds interesting. May need to give it a go

Comment

Finished it. Off the hook wired. Need a day to think about it.
                    The movie will be great or terrible....

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                      Finished it. Off the hook wired. Need a day to think about it.
                      The movie will be great or terrible....
                      Those are my thoughts as well. But, the casting choices (Ian McShane/Mr. Wednesday (If you ever saw "Deadwood" that's spot on) and Crispin Glover/Mr. World) are perfect. I predict it will deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                        Those are my thoughts as well. But, the casting choices (Ian McShane/Mr. Wednesday (If you ever saw "Deadwood" that's spot on) and Crispin Glover/Mr. World) are perfect. I predict it will deliver.
                        It was great to have faces to names before I read it... got to be a first for me.
                        We need to talk books sometime.....

Comment

Whelp read the book last month and so far I'm pretty impressed with first episode

Comment

What channel is it going to be on ?

Comment

I'll have to wait for it to hit Netflix or Amazon. Starz would be another $50/month to add it to Directv

Comment

Working...
                              X