No announcement yet.

2017 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just made some new garden jewelry. Seems kinda hot in here all the sudden.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
    Attached Files

Comment

The Berkeley tie dye pinks are doing great and are a really good water.
      Attached Files

Comment

What's everyone planting for the fall??

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
          What's everyone planting for the fall??
          Haven't decided on fall yet but will take any recommendations on what to plant in North Texas (Fort Worth).

Went and cleaned out the tomatoes and a couple other things that died/stopped producing last week. My poblano plant has taken off again and I have more fruit now than I did all spring/summer

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            Haven't decided on fall yet but will take any recommendations on what to plant in North Texas (Fort Worth).

Went and cleaned out the tomatoes and a couple other things that died/stopped producing last week. My poblano plant has taken off again and I have more fruit now than I did all spring/summer

This is what I'm doing today...cleaning and tilling

I'm in central Texas.

Comment

I'm still picking red chilies. Jalapeños have finally started producing. Dwarf okra has been blooming the last week. They are doing well.
              My mators, that's a different topic. :thumbdown:

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Man, looks like I can see that jar smokin'!!

Our garden is pretty much done... If we were to keep cuttin' the okra, it would keep producing. Plants are healthy and probably have 5 or 6 bushels of okra on them now that's all too big and hard to be used. We've put up all the okra we want, and neighbors n friends have cut all the okra they want... Think I'll brush hog it tomorrow or Sunday, rake it, then turn the ground under and start the process of getting it ready for a small fall garden...

What do y'all plant in your fall gardens? I've never done a fall garden... My mon/dad used to plant various greens, but really, that's about it. What else would be good to plant and when?
                I'm planting brocoli, brussel sprouts, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, and green beans, and bunching onions. All of my peppers(bell, poblano, japs, and shi****o) are still going strong and will produce until first freeze. Watermelons are still producing as well. I've put most of my veggies in already except for the carrots. Realistically the next couple of weeks up here is about right usually for planting

Comment

Think I'll plant lily pads! With all the rain we had here, it'll be a while before I can get in the garden plot with my tractor...

The primo-cane blackberries are doing well tho.

Comment

Charlie, throw some bullfrogs in with the lillypads.

Just trying to make the best of a situation.

Comment

Thanks Michael... "ribbitt"... I guess we could have froglegs and Lotus blossoms...

Comment

Love me some fall gardening. We were blessed again with a great spring harvest and just can't seem to get enough.

[ATTACH]873127[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]873128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]873129[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]873130[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]873131[/ATTACH]

Wife gave the green light so we expanded the garden and added a couple new beds , already have spinach and kale planted.

Will be starting off with the warmer weather stuff, getting tomato, bush beans, zucchini and cucumber seed in the ground. I'm a little behind so gonna go straight in the ground vs. indoor germination.

Trimmed down a few pepper plants from Spring that look like they are gonna start producing again for the fall.

Will be putting in cauliflower and broccoli in the next week or two. Will also be doing carrots, snow peas, chard, spinach, lettuce and whatever else I can get my hands on, lol.

I've got sweet potato in right now at a little over 100 days. Gonna give them another couple weeks before pulling them.

Keep those gardens going

Comment

What in the world are those long striped things that look like a cross between cukes and zucchinis? Those cukes look like those burplees variety my wife planted this spring... They sure are tasty, but only way to make pickles out of them is sliced wedges or rounds...

Comment

Striped Armenian cucumber, I get the seeds from Johnny's. They have been the household favorite since we started, you willl love them. Boys eat most of them warm right off the vine, lol.

Comment

My wife makes a cucumber limeade with them that I can't get enough of. Never tried pickling them but something I've wanted to start researching.

Comment

What are you guys planting this fall/winter? My Broccoli and spinach did great last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X