Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a pm.

Comment

The area your talking about was the a huge pecan tree close by before you cross into river west?

Comment

very cool ! - best of luck next time !

Comment

I'm Glad you guys really like this place. I just came back from a week long hunt there and I wasn't impressed. They had us in the cabins just off the road and were definitely not top notch, as soon as we got there we had to take out the power tools and re hinge the door just to get it closed. The shower head was plugged up, and the propane tank was out. When it came to hunting, We were assigned the west river pasture. We liked the area a lot. I saw maybe a total of 11 bucks and just one was legal to shoot. The other guys I went with saw a couple of nice bucks but out of shooting range. Every day I hunt i had to get out of my stand an run off cows at least 3 times. I think that's what aggravated me the most because I missed an opportunity on a doe and a spike because they were spooked by cattle coming in. Half the feeders didn't have corn in them, but we didn't mind that too much because we decided not to hunt the feeders or corn route ( mainly because we new the cows would definitely show up there) We didn't mind the cabin issues too much, but having to fight cows was definitely frustrating. Nick and Pete are both really nice guys but I don't know if we'll be going back to this place. Nick did tell us that they were looking into building a new cabin in Hog Heaven and that we should look into hunting that area next time. Hope ya'll have a better experience than we did.

Comment

Just got back.....

My partner and I hunted the Kreager Pasture Nov 20-24. Turned off warm a couple of days up around 80 degrees. It was our first time in that pasture and we managed to find a few decent bucks. Don't let anyone tell you the snakes are not still out. Thats my parnter holding the 6' rattler we killed by my blind.
            I took a decent 10 pt.
            Attached Files

Comment

just got back....

here's the other pic....
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow big rattler.

Comment

Dang nice buck dv9296! Hopefully I stumble across one like that when I'm there in a few weeks.

Comment

How did y'all locate the deer you saw including the ten? Nice buck!

Have hunted HH south several times and trying to get a hunt together for late December or January.

Comment

Great buck congrats, I will be in the River East pasture come Thursday.

Comment

Great buck!!

Comment

Anyone hunted here lately? I have a hunt booked for Jan. I hope they will be chasing still.

Comment

Working...
                          X