Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Stand Your Ground Shooting. Prison time or Miller time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious what my fellow TBHers think. Was the shooter justified or step over the line?

Without knowing all of the details hard to say but based on what I saw it was a little on the marginal side to me.

-john

Comment

From what I read IMO the shooter went looking for trouble. Just because it is legal, doesn't make it ethical.

Comment

Im getting old so my days of standing toe to toe exchanging blows are over.

Without knowing the details the guy who came out of the store went looking for trouble and found it. We'll have to see how things unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
          Without knowing all of the details hard to say but based on what I saw it was a little on the marginal side to me.

-john

I agree

Comment

Senseless loss of life.

I don’t think I would have pulled the trigger because it looked like to me the guy shot was beginning to walk away.

If it looked like he was coming towards me to beat my head into the ground, I may have a different reaction.

Comment

Incident was instigated by the shooter he bit off more than he could chew then shot someone over it. These laws are designed to protect the victims not the aggressors. If a grown man was in my wife's face id get involved also. Don't start nuthin won't be nothin. Based on the story they need to charge him.

Disclaimer: I don't have all the facts. Just based on what I read.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

I feel the shooter is wrong. Seems like an abuse of the stand your ground law.

Comment

IMHO the sheriff is just being a coward and doesn't want his name tied to the case so he is passing the buck.

kronik by Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                    Incident was instigated by the shooter he bit off more than he could chew then shot someone over it. These laws are designed to protect the victims not the aggressors. If a grown man was in my wife's face id get involved also. Don't start nuthin won't be nothin. Based on the story they need to charge him.

Disclaimer: I don't have all the facts. Just based on what I read.

kronik by Diamond
                    I agree, other than a blind sided push,didn’t see much of a threat and he looked to have had plenty of time to process, wasn’t a pull and shoot from the hip, more like pull take careful aim and pow. That’s what I get out of the video.

If he had that pistol to begin with, wth was he bitching about the parking spot. Pull the gun and tell them to move!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                      Senseless loss of life.

I don’t think I would have pulled the trigger because it looked like to me the guy shot was beginning to walk away.

If it looked like he was coming towards me to beat my head into the ground, I may have a different reaction.
                      I agree with this, also depends if the 47 year old was handicapped. Regardless it looked to me like the dude that shoved the other guy was backing off. On the other hand the guy that shoved should of been facing assault charges if he wouldn't of got lead poisoning. Ya the older guy was arguing with his GF however he wasn't going hands on that we know of.

All this is just opinion from what I saw in the video and reading the article.

Comment

Whole lot of information missing to form any conclusion.

Comment

Dont know all the details be he pushed the heck out of that dude. Dont put your hands on people is a good rule to live by.

Comment

If everyone acted like everyone had a gun, the world would be a whole lot more respectful.

Comment

Not justified IMO. When he pulled his weapon the dude backed off. This guy was looking for a reason to shoot someone.
                              Yes he got shoved to the ground. Big deal. He was yelling at the guys wife. Yes it's aggravating to see an ahole park in handicap with no permit. If you start schit over something this trivial you better realize it can easily come to this. The kids father is dead now over a parking spot.
                              Pick your battles. Being a parking lot monitor is not worth it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X