Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cape Buffalo with a longbow. Let the adventure begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following this! Good luck!

Comment

Nice looking bow , those 67 lb limbs should push them out pretty hard. Careful on the learning curve don't hurt your shoulders. I would like to see the pics of a buffalo down.

Comment

I'm in!!

Comment

"Adventure" is right! Very cool. Will be following along, Shiloh!

First thing I realized, getting a 70-lb recurve, was to get a better glove so that my fingertips are not numb all the time. Dura-Glove seems to be working. If you like a tab, Rick Barbee gets great reviews on his Death Adders.

Comment

I put a bemoan 60 70 shaft inside of a 350 shaft.
            It was too stiff for the 84# bow
            I started cutting it off a 1" at a time putting a weight tube in behind it to hold it forward until it bare shafted like I wanted.
            As I recall it was a 29" 350 with 19" of beman inside

Comment

I've got a few fiberglass bow fishing arrows you can try that are plenty heavy. I wonder who first came up with the shaft in a shaft idea.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
              Last edited by DRT; 10-18-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Awsome and good luck

Comment

I believe it was Monty Browning that used to hunt with fiberglass fish arrows. I think, with 80-90# Hill bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Shiloh! I have no doubt you will get it done.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by R.Armendariz View Post
                        Nice looking bow , those 67 lb limbs should push them out pretty hard. Careful on the learning curve don't hurt your shoulders. I would like to see the pics of a buffalo down.

I only shot them a couple times the other night to see how well my back could handle it, and they shot pretty good. I have a long ways to go with tuning, but was impressed with how the bow shot.

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        "Adventure" is right! Very cool. Will be following along, Shiloh!

First thing I realized, getting a 70-lb recurve, was to get a better glove so that my fingertips are not numb all the time. Dura-Glove seems to be working. If you like a tab, Rick Barbee gets great reviews on his Death Adders.

This is something I've thought about a bunch. I have to feel the string, so there is a fine line I think I'll be walking down trying to find the comfortable "feel" and still having enough padding there so my fingers aren't hurting all the time from shooting. I've built the last 3 or so gloves that I have shot the last 7 or 8 years just because there isn't any on the market I have found to like that would last me very long, so I may end up having to make one just for this setup.

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        I put a bemoan 60 70 shaft inside of a 350 shaft.
                        It was too stiff for the 84# bow
                        I started cutting it off a 1" at a time putting a weight tube in behind it to hold it forward until it bare shafted like I wanted.
                        As I recall it was a 29" 350 with 19" of beman inside

Heritage 350's were what I'd planned on giving a whirl. I'd really like to try some of Mick's widowmaker shafts if I could get ahold of them.

Comment

Not sure it's the best idea, but I started adding lots of pull-ups to my workout routine and after a month my bows have been feeling a little lighter in the draw. Depending on when you add in crunches it can become a full upper body workout. Hope the tuning goes quickly and you are ready soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                            Not sure it's the best idea, but I started adding lots of pull-ups to my workout routine and after a month my bows have been feeling a little lighter in the draw. Depending on when you add in crunches it can become a full upper body workout. Hope the tuning goes quickly and you are ready soon.
                            Pullups have helped me a ton as well... especially on endurance... however too many pullups makes shooting the bow a challenge

Comment

^ yes sir. kinda get the spaghetti arm situation, but hey,.. great for fatigue training as well.

Comment

good luck on your prep I have a 60lb long bow I would sell you to transition into the heavier weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X