Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
    That's the most beautiful invisible porch I've never seen![emoji23] Looking great, man!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Glad someone can see it!

Post set. Have a couple in the back where I found septic. Just going to set post on each side of the lid so it can easily be accessed. Won't be an issue either way.

4 pallets of treated 2x6x8 along with all 2x6 and 2x8 deck framing being delivered tomorrow! I would love to have the entire deck complete by Sunday evening but we will see how it goes. Hopefully I figured up all material correctly.
    Attached Files

Comment

Another sale. Under $9 on Ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Staying tuned in. Love this thread and your work. Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          Another sale. Under $9 on Ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good detailed book isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
            Staying tuned in. Love this thread and your work. Keep it up.
            Thank you!

Comment

Little frustrated at the moment. Planned all wknd to knock out the porches. Ordered material last Wednesday and was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Came over this morning to no lumber. Went to the store and my order was placed on the wrong clipboard. Now delivery is held off until Monday. I'm already behind schedule enough as it is. Looks like I will be jumping inside marking electrical and drilling what I can.

Comment

Little piddling around this wknd since material didn't show up Friday. This week and next should be lots of progress!

As mentioned above I located previous septic. Going to have it pumped and remove lid to see where it goes. If there is only one tank here we plan to set another and go out from that! Close to the house but not set on using just yet.

Moisture barrier wrap going up and electrical outlets placed inside.
                Attached Files

Comment

Wrapped!!!! Will do gables when I can access easier from porch roof.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I know where I'm taking my Christmas presents to be wrapped this year![emoji3]

Comment

Add me to the list of folks who bought the book on ebay. I haven't looked at it much yet, but for $5 I'm really glad I have it on the book shelf.

Comment

Not to hijack this awesome thread but I put my skills to use over the past few weeks. Built a custom shed/shop as an in-between until I build my big metal shop. I put this out there for all of those wanting to do something like this. Start with a small project, develop and hone some skills, then move to a bigger project. I’ve got years of experience in part-time construction as well as owning my own remodeling business for a while.
                        There are things in this build that I did that I could have done differently. And if you followed this thread at all you could see how many different ways people have of doing things! The book is a great resource for sure but gotta start and try somewhere, and remember there is way more than one way to skin a cat!
                        Great thread and awesome work, can’t wait to see the finished product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice build Haulinbass!

Finally had supplies delivered! Time to get busy!!!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Jason, you are talented sir!

You taking bids?

Comment

Well not a happy camper this afternoon! Kicking myself for such a simple mistake and not sure why it took me so long to notice it.

Framing the deck I double checked, triple checked, checked checked to make sure I left 1/2" under the threshold so water if any ever was on the deck wouldn't make it into the house. Starting framing and got the base layer done. Added 2x8s for top cross framing and BOOM it hit me. I don't say many French words but I'm pretty sure I did a few minutes ago. I left and went for a drive to calm down.

If you get to this point on a house and adding a deck make sure you allow 14.5" from bottom to top of deck! From floor level to bottom of deck should be 15"!

Idiot!!!!!!!!

Here are pics for proof. Now I get to go back and tear everything down.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Well, for someone who doesn't do this on a regular basis, if that's the worst you do I can find it in my heart to forgive you.[emoji3] I know that doesn't make you feel any better, but you're accomplishing something most only wish they could. You could just jack the house up a little bit and block it up!

Comment

Working...
                                X