Stick on rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick on rest

I am considering getting a stick on rest for one of my bows. Thinking about the bear weather rest, is it good enough, it looks a little sturdier than the other ones in the pics, and I think I like that aspect, but was wanting opinions of people who have used them. It will be used mostly for target shooting but may do a little hunting too. Thanks

They are good I prefer the Hoyt super rest though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stick on rest

Never used one, so don’t know which is best, but get a couple of whichever one you decide on . I’ve heard and read that they can fall off or get damaged at the most inopportune times!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have never used one either, but fell into an old bow with a flat shelf from back in the days when all the traditional guys used stick on rest and thought i would give one a try
        Last edited by RJH1; 08-08-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Might try a feather rest

Comment

I use furniture pads in that situation you can cut them and it gives a lot of tuning room

Comment

Originally posted by ChadMR82 View Post
              Might try a feather rest
              I have been using a feather rest on my recurve for the last 4 years. they are quite durable - during that time I have replaced it once.

Comment

So have any of y'all recommending other things tried the stick on rest? If so what didn't you like about them, and why do you prefer the furniture pads/feather rest/etc..? Thanks

Comment

Just realized that you like the Hoyt, DK. Why do you like it better than the bear? I may go with the hoyt

Comment

It kind of holds the arrow on the rest when oh are hunting it has a little tail thing on it and it’s more flexible. The pads are just cheaper and I have them available always.

Comment

Comment

I use the Bear stick on shelf and side plate. Never an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          Never used one, so don’t know which is best, but get a couple of whichever one you decide on . I’ve heard and read that they can fall off or get damaged at the most inopportune times!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          The Bear rest on my Kodiak Magnum started coming off whilst bowfishing. I wrapped the riser and rest with painters tape...back in business. It was annoying however seemingly still durable enough. I have no idea how old the stick on rest might be...in its defense.

If I retrograde the bow to dry hunting...its coming off.

Comment

Dropped in my local store and they had the hoyt hunter style on the shelf, so i am going to give it a whirl

Comment

The Hoyt stick on is pretty noisy for a hunting situation. I prefer to build a leather plate on the shelf with a bump under it to raise the arrow just a little. That does not work well with some bows so I buy a feather rest or just build one out of feather fletching where the quill is not quite right . The stick ons are o.k. in an emergency or for a kids bow so I usually keep a couple of them in my tackle box.

Comment

Working...
                              X