Spring has sprung !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Thats the bad part. Had 3' mobile home anchors in the ground. Ground was wet and they were able to push it over. 2 of the anchors were still attached to the legs. Crazy
    DAMMITBOY ! Ok, next solution, kill their sorry butts ! I had feeders out for two years at Mt Enterprise before they did that to me, then turned over two in the same week Since I started using T posts, it hasn't happened again, but I think the feed pen is the better solution. I use eight hog panels for mine, T post at every joint and one in the middle.

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    They dont bother the sunflowers, till they seed out. But not as bad as corn.
    I planted WINA Power Plant two years in a row that had sorghum and flowers. The hogs destroyed it the second year and I've not planted it back. I noticed this year that they took the sorghum out and substituted sunn hemp. Might be better now.

Comment

Babies
      Last edited by Radar; 07-20-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

These are snake apples and they just got ripe. Nothing much eats them, birds mostly. I seen them mangy longhorns eat them at times. You can tell when they eat them as they will run in the pasture kicking up their hooves and have green stuff on their butts(and it aint guacamole)

Comment

[ATTACH]857957[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]857958[/ATTACH]

These are snake apples and they just got ripe. Nothing much eats them, birds mostly. I seen them mangy longhorns eat them at times. You can tell when they eat them as they will run in the pasture kicking up their hooves and have green stuff on their butts(and it aint guacamole)

And I just now had a big, ripe avocado for lunch ! I'll never look at guacamole the same again

Comment

Comment

My wife told me that she wanted to plant some Texas wildflowers near one me feeders. I told her no.
              She spit her Copenhagen out and yelled at me, said I was gonna plant them or she would hurt me.......

We got some right nice flowers dont we.

Comment

;Yes you do. Ice on that twisted arm will make it feel better.

Comment

I walked into a mess of Bull Nettles yesterday evening when I was wearing shorts. Dang leg swelled up and is sore today.

Comment

I walked into a mess of Bull Nettles yesterday evening when I was wearing shorts. Dang leg swelled up and is sore today.
                    When I was a kid, we had lots of bull nettles on that sandy farm in Anderson Co. We always peed on the welts, it took the sting right out. Or, you could borrow some Copenhagen from your wife. Fresh chewed is best. That's what I use for wasp stings and such.

Comment

Lol, she only chews when she is cutting wood or welding.

If she knew I put that out there I would experience pain much worse than Bull Nettles.

Comment

My wife told me that she wanted to plant some Texas wildflowers near one me feeders. I told her no.
                        She spit her Copenhagen out and yelled at me, said I was gonna plant them or she would hurt me.......

We got some right nice flowers dont we.

[ATTACH]857959[/ATTACH]
                        That looks awesome

Comment

Lol, she only chews when she is cutting wood or welding.

If she knew I put that out there I would experience pain much worse than Bull Nettles.
                          Uh-huh, we may get a little blackmail going on here. Post up some pics of those big bucks so we can see which one we want to come and hunt

Comment

[ATTACH]858095[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858096[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858097[/ATTACH]

I got nothing but nags and pups. I will just plead insanity and throw myself to the mercy of the courts.

Comment

[ATTACH]858095[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858096[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]858097[/ATTACH]

I got nothing but nags and pups. I will just plead insanity and throw myself to the mercy of the courts.

Comment

Well, I checked on my peas in Trinity Co. today, and I'm a little disappointed in the growth. These peas have been planted at least three weeks and are definitely not doing as well as I think they should be. Maybe I'm expecting too much as it was pretty dry when I planted and didn't get much rain on them for several days after. They are up into the " deer can't destroy them " stage though.......I hope.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X