For the GoPro guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the GoPro guys

Just wanted to share a product I found that is going to fix a problem I had last year. I usually use my Gopro mounted on a tree down at ground level to record my shots from the ground and use a sony cam in the tree. I turn the gopro on and off with my phone or the remote. Last year it kept dying so I was looking for a bigger battery and came across these. So far I am really happy with it. It just replaces the back of the gopro case and is still water proof. Also comes with a plug to charge your phone.

Attached Files

I like that. I don't see one for the Hero 4's though. Wonder if they are compatible?

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

cool find!!

Comment

Thanks,
          this will make it much easier to get better shots with the GoPRO!

Comment

Hate to bring you down. But the camera will over heat and turn off before the battery dies. You still only will get about an hour or so before it overheats. At least that's what happened to me with the same battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Russdvdsn View Post
              Hate to bring you down. But the camera will over heat and turn off before the battery dies. You still only will get about an hour or so before it overheats. At least that's what happened to me with the same battery.
              Bummer right there

Comment

Why don't you just use an external battery pack with a a USB port? That's what I use on both of mine and have had them running for up to 6 hours and have never overheated.

Comment

Good info was looking to buy a go pro.

Comment

Heck Yeah! Thanks for sharing I'm gonna have to grab one of these, this is one of my biggest problems as well!

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
                      Why don't you just use an external battery pack with a a USB port? That's what I use on both of mine and have had them running for up to 6 hours and have never overheated.
                      X2

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
                        Great info, thanks

Comment

I have had mine for three years and have used it a total of ten minutes. I'm so glad I had to have one! lol but I might get this to help out. The reason I never used it again was because of the battery life.

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by Russdvdsn View Post
                              I have used mine for about 6 to 7 hours mounted on my windshield on my jeep. It has never overheated. It was on the inside of the windshield of my CJ7 so wind wasnt cooling it or anything. Plus I was going about 5 MPH at most rock crawling. So far it has worked great and I havent been able to drain it completely. I didnt go with a external battery because I mount my gopro to a tree when bow hunting also when I have it mounted to my jeep in various places I dont want to have to have to mount the battery as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X