Brisket: A Detailed "How To"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bankshot56 View Post
    I have had good success separating point and flat, trimming almost all fat, foiling at the beginning of the plateau for each separately, resting when each reaches 200.
    But here's my question. The plateau occurs at different temps based on the cook temp. I get more bark at higher temp but low and slow has been the standard.
    There is more that one way to skin a cat, if hot and fast works for you, then go for it brotha! Lots of folks cook hot and fast and have great success.

TC

Comment

Tag

Comment

Tagging to reference later.. Thanks

Comment

Tagged for later

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. Don't know how I missed this thread.

Comment

Knowledge is good. Thx for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Got the pit fired up at 3:30 this morning

Comment

I will be using this as a reference this weekend! Thank you for the details!

Comment

Tagged for later...

Comment

Thanks for the Info!!

Comment

Got a new Kamado Joe, Big Joe cooker the other day and have been wanting to try a brisket on low and slow cook. Gonna stop on the way home and pick up a brisket to cook tomorrow. Thanks for the tutorial!!

Comment

Nice

Comment

looks amazing

Comment

So maybe I am gonna cook a brisket and needed instructions. Where did I turn.. "To the green screen"! I am gonna burn some meat tonight/tomorrow morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X