No announcement yet.

Wolf killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolves need to be managed no doubt. But in thepumaslives defense people are a MUCH bigger factor in species decline, in not only elk but most species.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      Funny. I read research in the airport the other day saying the exact opposite. No sport kills, no significant amount of elk deaths caused by wolves, and not a non-native species.
      Its is funny that wolf huggers fund biased research. But the truth always comes out.

Here are some pics from the Bondurant sport killing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Did anyone read the article I posted?

I like predators on the landscape. I like it when dumb people get all crybaby when a wolf is killed. They have a place here. Maybe not the Canadian super wolf. But at any rate, manage them. Hunt them. They do good. In the right numbers and in the right setting. I’m waiting for science to give us back short face bears. That would be fun!

-------------------------------
        Violence never settles anything
        -Genghis Kahn

Comment

KAH? I dont have a wolf in this fight but Im sure I could easily pull the trigger on one even if a gamewarden was riding his back. Hello internet

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Funny. I read research in the airport the other day saying the exact opposite. No sport kills, no significant amount of elk deaths caused by wolves, and not a non-native species.
            Just the fact that it said no sport kills, and not a non-native species should have given you a clue to the biased report.

Comment

Double wow.

Comment

Man, this is almost like watching Fox news or ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN.....not sure what to believe is the truth or verified? Never seen a wolf or hunted Bear...just a Whitetail, Antelope, Mule Deer hunter....but I have seen what a over abundance of yotes & Bobcats can affect the Bog White population. Following and hopefully getting educated..."IF" I can judge what is factual and what is not?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePumaLives View Post
                  Read that thread, animals are animals doing their animal things. And again, wolves have not wreaked havoc on the elk population. I suggest everyone do some actual research; because if we’re intending to save the elk then there are a few other things that need to be addressed before wolves. Wolves also aren’t wreaking havoc on livestock or humans.
                  I tried to keep my mouth shut during this thread but you do not have a clue what you are talking about. You are reading and quoting in such a way to sounding like you know what you are talking about. Wolves slaughter thousands of sheep and cattle every year, if that's not wreaking havoc then I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                    Wolves need to be managed no doubt. But in thepumaslives defense people are a MUCH bigger factor in species decline, in not only elk but most species.
                    I have a question....I am not trying to be a pain.

have you ever been out West and in the mountains, wilderness areas, etc? I ask this because the areas where the elk are declining there is no or very little impact of humans.....the "impact" that is there has changed very little since the introduction of the wolves and the Elk & Moose declined big time. It still gets cold in winter and hot in summer.....not to mention that the areas where there are no or very little wolf activity there is no or very little change in the population of big game.
                    Last edited by Tom; 02-02-2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                      Man, this is almost like watching Fox news or ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN.....not sure what to believe is the truth or verified? Never seen a wolf or hunted Bear...just a Whitetail, Antelope, Mule Deer hunter....but I have seen what a over abundance of yotes & Bobcats can affect the Bog White population. Following and hopefully getting educated..."IF" I can judge what is factual and what is not?
                      The biggest problem is,just using your example as an example. In large expanses of good habitat predators are not as hard on populations. But, predators together with habitat destruction caused by people and it can be Catastrophic.

Comment

The biggest problem is,just using your example as an example. In large expanses of good habitat predators are not as hard on populations. But, predators together with habitat destruction caused by people and it can be Catastrophic.
                        Habitat destruction? What habitat destruction are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          Habitat destruction? What habitat destruction are you talking about?
                          agree with you.....I hunt near Yellowstone in the wilderness areas OFTEN.....millions of acres are horseback or foot only....you cannot even cut a tree to make a trail.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that habitat destruction is affecting the Yellowstone herds because that is a National Park and people can’t really do much there right?

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePumaLives View Post
                                Declining pregnancy rates and calves dying before their first birthday.

Of those calves, 15% were killed by wolves and 60% were killed by bears. The number killed by bears had more than doubled in twenty years, so why did the bears become so much more reliant on elk in their diet? Because there was a change in the fish populations that bears were previously reliant on. The change? Humans (sport fisherman) illegally releasing fish which wreaked havoc on their populations. The bears were then forced to eat more elk. A much bigger cause of the decline of the Yellowstone herd is due to changing weather patterns that have impacted the grasses of Yellowstone and has depleted the nutritional value of female elk which has resulted in lower pregnancy rates, which is not a problem seen in herds outside of Yellowstone. Again, wolves at the bottom of the list.

So a sports fisherman released illegal fish? Did I get that right? I feel like I am reading a climate change argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Working...
                                X