No announcement yet.

Guest Mistake Stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy was invited to hunt a buddies place a couple years ago. This old man loved to shoot everything he could. He knew better, but messed up. He shot a spike first which was cool. Threw that one in the truck and he says I got another one over there but think I might have messed up. We got up to the deer and could tell he was small bodied. I was sick when I saw that it was a 1.5 year old 11 point with split G2s! Still had milk on his lips! Guy said he swore he counted 8 points! He couldn't tell that the deer wasn't half the size of the spike he just shot pryor!
    Last edited by captainsling; 11-13-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

That video is priceless

Comment

my brother brought an electrician friend out to come kill off a doe or a small crud buck and we said only shoot a 4 point or smaller or a doe. well an hour later we hear a shot and he calls and said he screwed up....
        he shot a 9 point 130ish deer which is a good deer for our low fenced place and assumed we meant 4 points on one side like 4x4 not just a 4 pointer. He was extremely remorseful and embarrassed but the deer ended up being over 6 years old so he needed to go. Needless to say he did some electrical work for us for free for a few weekends. He hasnt sat in a stand since.

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
          The craziest story I have is from a guy I work with.

He always hunts on his friend's property, which is MLD, and the owner had just gotten a couple $20k bucks out there the year before. That February, the owner brought a couple of them out there to shoot does. They hear one of the guys shoot a couple times, so he figures he shot 2 does. When they go pick him up, he said he has 2 huge bodied does on the ground. When they went to pick the deer up, both deer he had shot were the ear tagged bucks, but they had shed their antlers already. From what I heard the owner didn't charge him, but he is still getting his money's worth out of the guy in free labor. And probably will be for years to come.

Brutal.

Comment

We invited a man and his son out to shoot ONE doe between the two of them. No spikes/bucks. Only one doe total. When we came to pick them up, they had four deer on the ground: two doe and two nubbin' bucks. We were not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by GTXHUNTER88 View Post
              Sweiny shoots the wrong deer at the Perlitz Ranch - YouTube
              my favorite video. But ya have had a few mistakes I don't get too angry at them I'm more of a well...what's done is done...good kill man type of guy. or hit them with the $1,500 fine for breaking management rules...depends on the person

Pretty good acting... This was staged though.

Comment

My father used to run a property in Falfurrias for his company before he passed. He had two of the largest Steel MFG Sales reps out for a hunt. We had some really nice deer and had really given them the green light on any mature deer they wanted to take. My dad took one of the guys and I took the other. He was from PA and was very adamant on his hunting abilities. Really an *** and very arrogant. So we come to the first gate and he gets out of the truck with gun in hand and I thought he was opening the gate. Next thing I know he is shooting at a 6 point buck standing in the brush line. Buck drops in his tracks and the guy yells out " How's that you **** redneck". Kinda got a little ****** but what he did not know is we had to pass through another persons land to get to our property and the land owner called the game warden and he was sighted for unlawfully taking a deer without permission. Felt bad for about a minute, but I can still remember him yelling after the shot!
                HOW'S THAT YOU **** REDNECK!
                Last edited by LWR2; 11-13-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scissorhands View Post
                  this video cracks me up.

http://youtu.be/CmnFLk7Jlp8
                  Heard that the video was set-up. That was a paying hunter and they made the video, to make people think that he made a mistake.

Heard it from a pretty good source too.

Comment

Originally posted by LWR2 View Post
                    My father used to run a property in Falfurrias for his company before he passed. He had two of the largest Steel MFG Sales reps out for a hunt. We had some really nice deer and had really given them the green light on any mature deer they wanted to take. My dad took one of the guys and I took the other. He was from PA and was very adamant on his hunting abilities. Really an *** and very arrogant. So we come to the first gate and he gets out of the truck with gun in hand and I thought he was opening the gate. Next thing I know he is shooting at a 6 point buck standing in the brush line. Buck drops in his tracks and the guy yells out " How's that you **** redneck". Kinda got a little ****** but what he did not know is we had to pass through another persons land to get to our property and the land owner called the game warden and he was sighted for unlawfully taking a deer without permission. Felt bad for about a minute, but I can still remember him yelling after the shot!
                    HOW'S THAT YOU **** REDENECK!

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTING_COACH View Post
                      Heard that the video was set-up. That was a paying hunter and they made the video, to make people think that he made a mistake.

Heard it from a pretty good source too.
                      Yes, it was.

Comment

had a friend out on a late season antlerless/spike season hunt for does only. Walking back to the truck he shot a 3 point buck thinking it would pass AR restrictions so it must be good during spike season. Wrong!! Spike season is a true spike. None of this 1 un-branched AR stuff. And it wasn't a doe...

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                          I've had this happen before with a guest on our place. Let's just say he paid for the bull, and no one in the area lets him hunt on their place if cattle are present. Needless to say, everyone runs cattle. How you mistake a 2100 lb black angus for a pig will be something I will never understand.
                          My favorite part about it was that once someone shoots a cow it becomes a prized cow and costs soo much money!! They aren't worth that much if you don't shoot them!!

And idk how you can do that either!

Comment

Had a friend of a friend at our place I drop him and his son off at their stand then go get settled in my pop up 600 yards off or so. 10 min later I hear a shot and it sounded funny as I knew they had a .270. Thought o well and after hunt I asked them and they did not say much then later on they told us that they had been messing with the gun in the blind and had all windows closed and it went off and went straight through the roof. Mind you this is an atascosa blind that is all metal. They did not have much hearing left in them.

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                              My favorite part about it was that once someone shoots a cow it becomes a prized cow and costs soo much money!! They aren't worth that much if you don't shoot them!!

And idk how you can do that either!
                              My father had purchased the bull one month before it was killed. The guy paid the exact amount my father did. Clean head shot too, so there was no mistake on what killed the bull. The guy at least admitted to killing the bull. It was a little tough to make him pull out the check book, though. All in the past now.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                                My father had purchased the bull one month before it was killed. The guy paid the exact amount my father did. Clean head shot too, so there was no mistake on what killed the bull. The guy at least admitted to killing the bull. It was a little tough to make him pull out the check book, though. All in the past now.
                                Oh I understand completely what you're saying, but I've heard of people paying a lot more for a bull or cow they shot than what was initially paid

As long as both parties are honest with each other nothing to get too into it over

Comment

Working...
                                X