East Texas hog hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
    Have a group coming down from South Dakota this coming weekend. Gonna have to make a call today to cancel and reschedule or tell them to come on.
    Ended up cancelling this hunt too. The group that is out there this weekend has already killed 3 and water is still high in the bottom. Can't even get to 5 of the stands and the high water knocked one of the feeders out of commission when it got above the feeder unit!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      Ended up cancelling this hunt too. The group that is out there this weekend has already killed 3 and water is still high in the bottom. Can't even get to 5 of the stands and the high water knocked one of the feeders out of commission when it got above the feeder unit!!!

That sucks

Comment

Give Ben at threefingersbowhunting a call.

Comment

Is it too hot to hunt pigs now?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            Is it too hot to hunt pigs now?
            Not as long as you can stand the heat.

Comment

Big Oak Bowhunting!!

Comment

Hog Wild Adventures out of New Caney just off 59. Been there a few times. Never a problem getting setup on hogs of all sizes. They have some monsters in there too. He isn't the cheapest game in town but Billy will do you right.

Comment

A few weeks ago I was at three fingers bowhunting in Fairfield. On the walk to the stand, I saw 17 pigs, all in the 40-150 range. While hunting I saw another 35 pigs. Pretty good evening hunt if you ask me.

Comment

FWIW:

Regarding Squiggy, above, (see #9), I was in email and phone contact with him last May trying to set up a hog hunt for my son and myself. Unfortunately, we got rained out and didn't get to go. Through it all, Squiggy and his brother were very polite, courteous and professional. They answered all of my dumb questions and promptly responded to all of my phone and email messages. I was very impressed and hope to one day visit his ranch for a great hunt.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                      FWIW:

Regarding Squiggy, above, (see #9), I was in email and phone contact with him last May trying to set up a hog hunt for my son and myself. Unfortunately, we got rained out and didn't get to go.
                      Dave, I think we ended up cancelling about 7 hunts this past spring. In the 25+ years of hunting this bottom, I've never seen it flood this bad. Normally, the place gets flooded out once every 7 or 8 years. In about 15 months, we got flooded out about 11 times. One got so high, I lost 3 feeders when the water got over the timer units, and those were about 6 ft. off the ground to the bottom of the control box!!! One feeder we had just topped off (300lbs.) and had to dump every bit of it.
                      Thanks for the kind words. Maybe we can hook you up this coming spring.

Comment

Ham slam

BarJdayhunts.com

Comment

have anyone hunted B and C outfitters in Groveton?

Comment

Sqiggy what dates do you have available for next year do you know yet?

Comment

B and C

Originally posted by mason15 View Post
                              have anyone hunted B and C outfitters in Groveton?
                              Been there many times. lots of pigs and lots of exotics. Mark is top notch and will make every effort to get you a shot opportunity.

Comment

<<<<<<<<
                                Also, I shot this axis there.

Comment

Working...
                                X