No announcement yet.

zero turn suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a Ferris because they have a suspension. My back is thanking me.

Comment

I have a Bobcat CRZ and love it. Kawasaki motors in my opinion are the way to go.

Comment

You can't hit big fire ant bed's/limb's,etc with it..It'll throw it off.Not hard to adjust,but a pain when you're under the gun..Clean property's cut with a Walker Mower are gorgeous!
        You want "rows","stripes" like a baseball field..There ya' go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CoachS View Post
          I have a Bobcat CRZ and love it. Kawasaki motors in my opinion are the way to go.
          He is absolutely correct when it comes to Kawasaki engines..Ross wheel motor's are essential as well if you run 'em 16 hours a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 48” Husqvarna my Pawpaw bought new back in 2004 or so and during Ike we came home to it floating upside down in our neighbors front yard. That’s been over 10 years ago and it still runs like a top!!!

Comment

I have a Husqvarna that I purchased in Wharton from Yazoo Mike also. It's a 30" zero turn. I mow an acre and had it for 5 years now and no problems.

Comment

I’ve got a Husqvarna, 52” with a Kawasaki engine. Huge tires, very stable.

Comment

Bad boy. Talk to my nephew, Michael, at Hoffpauir super store in Goldthwaite. They have a website. Tell him uncle Mark said to give him a call. He will help you.

Comment

The bad boy outlaw in the classifieds is my rec. unless you buy a scag for a couple grand more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bad Boy. Great machine and American made.

Comment

You will not find a more comfortable riding mower than a Ferris. That said, good luck finding one under $5k.
                        I take care of a few lawns and have a Ferris as well as a scag stander and both have been great mowers. My scag dealer doesn't sell Ferris, but he services mine and I couldn't ask for a better dealer.
                        For your price range, I'd suggest looking at Spartan. Their mowers seem to be built like tanks and are the best looking mowers on the market.

Comment

I’ll be honest I haven’t been extremely happy with my hustler raptor

Comment

This question has been asked a million times. Bad Boy, Hustler, Ferris or Gravely are your best options in that price range.

Comment

Buy from the closest servicing dealer to you. Anything with a welded deck and Kawasaki motor.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                                thanks to you all. I'm not far from Wharton, Victoria. I have more faith in tbhr's reviews than those I find online...
                                You need to first off change your outlook from your initial post. Pick a great dealer, and find you a good salesman. Not someone who happened to buy a mower and had their set opinion from one purchase. Get you a good salesman that is at a dealership carrying multiple lines, who will listen to what your needs are, your budget is, and is going to take the time to show you the ropes of them all. That includes giving solid comparisons of what they all differ in, and solid comparisons of competitors models(even if it beats theirs). Just because someone has financial gain from you buying their product doesn’t mean they will only lead you one way. I started in lawn and equipment selling, and went on to manage that lawn and equipment business. I didn’t get there from selling people the wrong unit simply to get their business. I also didn’t apply to be there. I was brought in by one of the partners who dealt with me regularly as a parts salesman at another business. I’m not in that business any longer, but don’t count out the salesman as useless, find a good one and he is your best asset. They will tell you(and be able to show you and provide references) why their dealership is the best. If you found the right one; he won’t tell you to buy s $10,000 unit when a $4,000 unit will do. He will also tell you when you are not looking at enough unit. Showing options in your budget that fit your needs, as well as what you can gain from spending a little more.

I sold Grasshopper, Gravely, Worldlawn, Big Dog(hustler in disguise), and Cub Cadet. You could look at Worldlawn, Big Dog, and Gravely in your budget. To get the better gravely you spend a little over; and to get a lot more bang for your buck you can spend a little extra and get a Grasshopper. One that will ride better, cut better; and is a far tougher unit. A better company to deal with than any other in my experience, and a better warranty.
                                B

Comment

Working...
                                X